Aug 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Z51 Coupe
Province
ON
My C8 journey is finally complete (or just starting)! I received my C8 from Spencer’s on Dec 4 (deposit Dec 12, 2020) & just got it back from Humberview Performance today (tints, lowering & Vossen HF5s). Very happy with the final look. Big thanks to everyone on this forum, it was a huge help in my purchasing process. And I had a great experience at both Spencers (Andrew) & Humberview (Zach), highly recommend both. Should be able to get a couple of rips in before Christmas then looking forward to a great spring - cheers !

Attachments

• 7D93A975-75E2-4B59-8A3F-44B1F19ECB9A.jpeg
    7D93A975-75E2-4B59-8A3F-44B1F19ECB9A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 159
My C8 journey is finally complete (or just starting)! I received my C8 from Spencer’s on Dec 4 (deposit Dec 12, 2020) & just got it back from Humberview Performance today (tints, lowering & Vossen HF5s). Very happy with the final look. Big thanks to everyone on this forum, it was a huge help in my purchasing process. And I had a great experience at both Spencers (Andrew) & Humberview (Zach), highly recommend both. Should be able to get a couple of rips in before Christmas then looking forward to a great spring - cheers !

Looks awesome James!

Thanks - for those still waiting, it's 100% worth it - I'm absolutely amazed by all aspects of this car, really really happy with it, especially after making the mods.

ONE (hopefully minor) issue that I've run into is with the front lift system, the 'Service Front Lift' message has popped up multiple times for me. Before I get chastised, this message came up pretty much immediately after I take ownership, it happened 3 times prior to the lowering (approx 6 drives worth) and has come up another 3 times since I did the lowering on Tuesday (I've only taken in out 3 times since then, all very short drives). The system will lift, then as soon as it's done lowering the message will come up & it goes away when I turn off the car, so I'm hoping it's just a sensor issue... I checked the cap, no leaks & I haven't noticed any issues with the ride quality, both before & after the car was lowered. Anyways I just dropped it off for servicing this AM so hopefully it's resolved quickly, I'll post an update once I find out.

Last edited:
Those of us still on the wait list are very envious! Congrats!!!

ONE (hopefully minor) issue that I've run into is with the front lift system, the 'Service Front Lift' message has popped up multiple times for me. Before I get chastised, this message came up pretty much immediately after I take ownership, it happened 3 times prior to the lowering (approx 6 drives worth) and has come up another 3 times since I did the lowering on Tuesday (I've only taken in out 3 times since then, all very short drives). The system will lift, then as soon as it's done lowering the message will come up & it goes away when I turn off the car, so I'm hoping it's just a sensor issue... I checked the cap, no leaks & I haven't noticed any issues with the ride quality, both before & after the car was lowered. Anyways I just dropped it off for servicing this AM so hopefully it's resolved quickly, I'll post an update once I find out.
Hey @jimmyb FYI back in June I also started getting "service front lift" message around the 1K mark. I would simply clear it each time and forget about it for about the next 500 kms hoping it was a computer glitch and would solve itself. Eventually the front lift stopped working. I took it to my local dealer here in Ajax and they diagnosed it as one of the many "modules" had shorted out due to a leak in the system. They ordered one from the States. It took 2 days to arrive and they installed it that afternoon. So I was without my car for 3 days but needless to say it was covered under warranty.
FWIW I have not done anything after market to my car eg lowering.

Hope it works out. Mav

Reactions: jimmyb
Hey @jimmyb FYI back in June I also started getting "service front lift" message around the 1K mark. I would simply clear it each time and forget about it for about the next 500 kms hoping it was a computer glitch and would solve itself. Eventually the front lift stopped working. I took it to my local dealer here in Ajax and they diagnosed it as one of the many "modules" had shorted out due to a leak in the system. They ordered one from the States. It took 2 days to arrive and they installed it that afternoon. So I was without my car for 3 days but needless to say it was covered under warranty.
FWIW I have not done anything after market to my car eg lowering.

Hope it works out. Mav
"leak in the system", is it hydraulic? Or air?

Thanks @Mavrik55 - I will definitely bring that up with them. They had it all day & couldn’t figure it out, maybe this is the issue then. It happened to me pretty much since day 1, I haven’t even had it for 2 weeks yet & it’s happened 6+ times, both before & after the lowering.

just clarify what I should tell them, that there’s a faulty module causing a leak in the system?

That just happened to me today so I took it in. Car is lowered on paragon collars and has been perfect for weeks. Left ot overnight and this am when to remote start it and it said theft deterrent system activated and the lift worked fine, so i dropped it off and here i am. I hope its nothing or more so leak or module related as the SA at humberview said theres a leak cap recall and 4 others that need done free of charge so well see.

thanks

Awesome man. Love the color and wheels. I am thinking of lowering mine as well? How much did you go front/rear? Happy with my Trident wheels.

Thanks - I lowered mine approx 1” using the stock rear shocks (Z51) & lowering collars for the front, I think it’s the perfect amount. Ride looks much different, way more aggressive but not too low that I can’t clear speed bumps. I also got the front lift error code cleared, they bled the system & so far so good.

Reactions: dallycurtis
Thanks - I lowered mine approx 1” using the stock rear shocks (Z51) & lowering collars for the front, I think it’s the perfect amount. Ride looks much different, way more aggressive but not too low that I can’t clear speed bumps. I also got the front lift error code cleared, they bled the system & so far so good.
1"" front & back then? Dealer should be able to do it.

Thanks, the tires are stock & I swapped the factory rims with Vossen HF5s & had the car lowered approx. 1”, completely changes the look. Andrew is great to deal with, very happy with my experience. If you’re in Toronto, talk to Zach @ Humberview Performance, they did the wheels & lowering for me, they were great as well

Pretty car Jimmy…well done! Your wait was shorter than my 18 month for my 2020. Have fun & Merry Christmas!

Pretty car Jimmy…well done! Your wait was shorter than my 18 month for my 2020. Have fun & Merry Christmas!
Thanks man! Hoping we get some decent weather over the next little while so I can get the break-in period behind me for the spring/summer 2022. Snow next 4 days or so, I believe? Grill guards on the way from Paragon Performance in the USA - my gift to her to protect her radiators - LOL. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.