Mar 16, 2020
Maple Ridge
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Elkhart Blue
Province
BC
I’ve just received a confirmation from GM that my C8 was built in the TPW of July 27th! So one more step closer.... I was just wondering if anyone here has any idea on how we can track the shipment to the west coast, Vancouver to be specific. Is there a number to reach the logistics provider?
Am I looking at another one month before the car arrives at the dealers? Thanks!!

I’ve just received a confirmation from GM that my C8 was built in the TPW of July 27th! So one more step closer.... I was just wondering if anyone here has any idea on how we can track the shipment to the west coast, Vancouver to be specific. Is there a number to reach the logistics provider?
Am I looking at another one month before the car arrives at the dealers? Thanks!!
Could be a month. To Van I believe they are trained. They go to a rail yard in, I believe, Toledo and then north somehow. Maybe trucked to a train yard in Canada.

Congrats: don't forget to post pics when you get her. You will have several months to drive her as well!

Reactions: Dano Cherison
I am still thinking of ordering the convertible: arguing with my wife over it - may just "do it" - LOL!

I see you've already got a convertible (the 2016 C7) and I expect that's great for Vancouver when it's not raining (LOL). Anyways, what pushed me over the edge for the convertible was the unfettered access to the rear trunk with the top down, which makes it handy for golf club access or whatever else. You'll have to balance that with the missing rear window showing the engine.

I see you've already got a convertible (the 2016 C7) and I expect that's great for Vancouver when it's not raining (LOL). Anyways, what pushed me over the edge for the convertible was the unfettered access to the rear trunk with the top down, which makes it handy for golf club access or whatever else. You'll have to balance that with the missing rear window showing the engine.
Yes. Exactly why I would get the convertible even though it is quite a bit more money than the HT!

I am still thinking of ordering the convertible: arguing with my wife over it - may just "do it" - LOL!

The saying "happy wife, happy life" is overrated. She might be happy but often the husband has bent over and kissed her...foot too often to avoid confrontation and keep her happy. If it's inviting her friends, that you absolutely detest, over for supper, that's one thing. But to not satisfy your urge to buy a new C8, especially at a time in life when you can still appreciate it, that tinge of regret because of her will nag you every time you see one going by.... I bought my first Vette when my good friend died expectantly at age 57. Life it too short and I didn't want to follow the same path with regret that I waited and became expectantly dead or too sick to enjoy as many of my well earned golden years as possible. She'll get over it...or she won't... Either way, you'll be driving a new Vette with a smile on your face even if you have to leave her home to clean the oven. Just my 2 obsolete cents worth.

The saying "happy wife, happy life" is overrated. She might be happy but often the husband has bent over and kissed her...foot too often to avoid confrontation and keep her happy. If it's inviting her friends, that you absolutely detest, over for supper, that's one thing. But to not satisfy your urge to buy a new C8, especially at a time in life when you can still appreciate it, that tinge of regret because of her will nag you every time you see one going by.... I bought my first Vette when my good friend died expectantly at age 57. Life it too short and I didn't want to follow the same path with regret that I waited and became expectantly dead or too sick to enjoy as many of my well earned golden years as possible. She'll get over it...or she won't... Either way, you'll be driving a new Vette with a smile on your face even if you have to leave her home to clean the oven. Just my 2 obsolete cents worth.
I am leaning that way - 2021? Cash is sitting there. My friends are saying the same thing to me. It is crazy, the older I get, the less inclined I am to accept stress - but, hell I can always go for a long drive - LOL! Have a great weekend and go for a cruise. :Cheers2:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.