Nov 25, 2020
VetteCoins
Province
ON
I ordered my C8 Corvette 2LT with Z51 performance package on November 2020 in southern Ontario and and still no allocation . What's the hold up on build dates ? I know they're taking a long time to build but it's sure taking a while .

I ordered my C8 Corvette 2LT with Z51 performance package on November 2020 in southern Ontario and and still no allocation . What's the hold up on build dates ? I know they're taking a long time to build but it's sure taking a while .

You should have had your C8 by now (after 1 year). It's normally about 12 months and often sooner than that. It sounds like you may be with a dealership that gets very few allocations and perhaps that explains the delay (?). I'd suggest talking to your dealer and seeing how many allocations they received for 2020, 2021 and (now) 2022, then determine where you were on the list in November 2020...and do the math to see if you should have received your C8 by now. For example, if you were #10 on the list at the start, then in 2020 they got 4 allocations, then 6 in 2021 (most dealers got more in 2021 compared to 2020), and so far for 2022 they've received another 6...there's something wrong since that's 12 allocations since you were put on their list...and you should have received your allocation 2 allocations ago (the #10 spot). But maybe (?) the dealer is letting others jump the list for a premium price, or selling to family/friends (??) or taking allocations for itself (and selling at a profit) when others cancel their order...and that's why you're still waiting. If your dealer doesn't want to provide this info, consider getting on a list with a dealer who will tell you "the straight goods". It never hurts to have your name on a list with more than one dealer and if you're serious about getting a C8 my recommendation is that you use multiple lists.

Your dealer may point to COVID-related problems or the more recent tornado at the Bowling Green production plant or the fact that GM is making some C8 Z06 "test models" (aka "mules") or right-hand drive C8 Stingrays for overseas orders...as reasons for your delay. All that is interesting but you still should have had your C8 by now, all things considered. Stick to your guns to get the info above, along with where you are on the list NOW and what they're expecting for future allocations. They may say they have no idea about allocations but the allocations they received in past years, gives you a pretty good indication. Then check in regularly to find out what allocations they continue to get, to ensure you keep moving up on their list.

If however it's a ++ small dealership or one that just isn't into Corvettes and gets very few Corvette allocations (ie. 1 or 2/year) then again, get your name on a list with another dealer who gets more allocations and depending upon your number on their list, you'll hopefully have a better chance of seeing a C8. You can always cancel your name on a list, if you find a C8 elsewhere.

Consider looking at other posts on this Forum; there's a ton of info about this topic and what to look for in a dealer and the "dealer shenanigans" that can happen. Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.