Featured Thread
Mar 19, 2016
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324, USA
VetteCoins
Car
1967 Coupe
Just got it back yesterday evening. Still a lot of work ahead to get it drive-able but at least I've got something to work on again. Pic is of it being loaded onto a rollback at the shop for it's journey home.

OL Yeller ... good point about having lots of free space all around. I need to do some garage re-arranging to get to that point cause I'm not quite there yet.

Luke 67 ... the Marina Blue was its factory color. How you coming on yours?

Black 03 Z06 ... no sense in rushing it at this point.

XFIRE82 ... yep ... body work & painting were the biggest check wrote out. :money:

OL Yeller ... good point about having lots of free space all around. I need to do some garage re-arranging to get to that point cause I'm not quite there yet.

Luke 67 ... the Marina Blue was its factory color. How you coming on yours?

Black 03 Z06 ... no sense in rushing it at this point.

XFIRE82 ... yep ... body work & painting were the biggest check wrote out. :money:

John, In response to your question, I am on hold right now. I had what I hope is just a minor setback, needed surgery to repair a busted kneecap and now my time is consumed trying to strengthen my knee. I see the doc next week and brace should come off, hopefully I will then be a little more mobile.
I did progress somewhat before that, re-arranged the garage as OL Yeller pointed out, then cleaned up the overspray completely, then started on the firewall / under dash. New insulation, vent grills, heater box installed, windshield wiper and linkages, steering column brackets, pedals, etc.
There are so many little things that take time, and as you mentioned no sense in rushing. So its chill for now...
Luke

Last edited:
Thks everyone for encouragement for finishing it out and getting to drive it. Going back 50+ years of technology may be more than I bargained for. ;)

Luke 1967 ... ouch ... a broken knee cap sounds horrible, here's to a complete recovery. If you have time I could really use your help in knowing the order you used to put the items you mentioned in your vette. Don't know if that would be appropriate in this thread, another thread or off-line. When I'm done I plan on putting the order I've been using together to maybe help others going through one of these long term projects. Would be glad to call out your contributions. a

vt65 ... Wow ... I'd say you've accomplished quite a bit with you're vette work ... was all that just as a hobby?

Reactions: Luke 1967
Thks everyone for encouragement for finishing it out and getting to drive it. Going back 50+ years of technology may be more than I bargained for. ;)

Luke 1967 ... ouch ... a broken knee cap sounds horrible, here's to a complete recovery. If you have time I could really use your help in knowing the order you used to put the items you mentioned in your vette. Don't know if that would be appropriate in this thread, another thread or off-line. When I'm done I plan on putting the order I've been using together to maybe help others going through one of these long term projects. Would be glad to call out your contributions. a

vt65 ... Wow ... I'd say you've accomplished quite a bit with you're vette work ... was all that just as a hobby?

John, I think that's a great idea about documenting the re-assembly order and will be glad to help. I have been taking notes and pics through the whole teardown, and plan on doing the same for the rebuild.
How to go about it probably needs some thinking, but I have no problem at all with you taking the lead. You have already started on that goal with the pre body -drop steps (maybe you can use that thread?). I will start by gathering my information for you.

Great, I'll check with where I was at with my list and make sure it's up to date for the rest of this effort and between the two of us and anyone else we should be able to come up with a pretty comprehensive doc.. There may be some difference between coupe, roadster & options that might be of good value.

Reactions: 12cents
Jcpstrat, that Vette is looking beautiful so far, beautiful color. Enjoy the reassembly. Perfection take tons of patience and commitment. All of the time, money and bloody knuckles will be worth it. I can picture the grin on your face since it came back from paint.

:smile1:

Reactions: ddgermann
Great looking car @Jcpstrat! I see you're in Goergetown, KY. A group of us will be in Bowling Green for the Caravan this year. Would be great to see you there as well. A bit of a rush for the end of August for sure but what about a visit from some of us? We could come out and check the car i person and introduce some faces to names?

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.