Mar 19, 2016
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324, USA
VetteCoins
Car
1967 Coupe
Just an update on some progress. It hadn't moved under it own power in 40+ years but Monday I was able to fire up the engine and back it out of the garage. I let it run a little while and then drove it back into the garage ... yeah! You can imagine how I felt to actually hear & feel the L79 engine rumbling from inside and know that the tranny & clutch all seemed in order too. Couldn't do much else with it as I haven't installed the instrument panel or steering column yet, plus there's still some significant work left but it was fun. :Hurray:

Milestone.jpg

Just an update on some progress. It hadn't moved under it own power in 40+ years but Monday I was able to fire up the engine and back it out of the garage. I let it run a little while and then drove it back into the garage ... yeah! You can imagine how I felt to actually hear & feel the L79 engine rumbling from inside and know that the tranny & clutch all seemed in order too. Couldn't do much else with it as I haven't installed the instrument panel or steering column yet, plus there's still some significant work left but it was fun. :Hurray:

View attachment 31850
Congratulations!! That is an amazing and priceless moment when all of the money, blood and sweat is worth it all. Glad to hear and would like to see it in person some day. 👏👏👍👍

Luke ... I know that you know exactly what I've been going through since you're redoing a '67 Big Block Convertible in parallel with my '67 Small Block Coupe ... both Marina Blue and you've been a big help to me. Thank you

T ... I think I've said it before ... I've been quite envious of all of you that are actually driving your Vette! I'm hoping to be one of you before the end of October. 🤞

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.