Apr 3, 2017
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Corvette Z06
Special Thanks to Murray for recommending the best/scenic routes across Muskoka and Cross Roads restaurant. My girlfriend and I did the following trip on Sunday:

upload_2017-9-27_19-50-39.png

On our way to Crossroads restaurant, I found a nice docking/entrance to the lake to take some pictures of the car. While I was taking pictures, a guy stopped by in his truck and the following discussion ensued:

Guy: "Is this yours?"

Me: "Yes"

Guy: "Which year?"

Me: "This is brand new, 2017"

Guy: "I had one too"

Me: "Oh nice. Which one?"

Guy: "2010 Grand sport. But I sold it for a GTR"

Me: "Nice"

Guy: "You know its faster right? The GTR."

Me: "What are you comparing against? The new Z06 then I have my doubts"

Guy: "Admit it. GTR is just faster"

Me: "Lol. I am not so sure"

Guy: "Mine is modified and yours is stock. So yours will be slower"

Me: "Lol sure"

Very interesting conversation indeed :p

Anyhow, after this we went to the Crossroads restaurant, which was amazing:

upload_2017-9-27_19-59-40.png

upload_2017-9-27_20-0-24.png

After this, had some great fun on some of the side roads as per Murray's recommendation (video included below):

upload_2017-9-27_20-2-18.png

upload_2017-9-27_20-3-20.png

upload_2017-9-27_20-4-17.png

That looks like a pretty nice drive Karam. Myself,I've never been to Ontario but if the chance ever came up,a drive up north there would be pretty nice.

And,that's quite the conversation with GTR guy. Lol. I would've asked him what colour his socks were. Then,when he gives you that puzzled look,you say.... I like butter tarts,then you walk away.

Great pics and vid Karam.

Anyone who would walk up and initiate a conversation like that is not a lover of cars... more like a lover of himself (pun fully intended)
Really reads like a guy who is a bit insecure and has never experienced a C7 Z06 Corvette. I highly doubt his rice GTR would take you Z06 and he knows it as we all have YouTube. Personally I would rather have an awesomely styled Grand Sport than that ugly box shaped tin can. With all due respect to the awesome management systems on the GTR. That car has a hard enough time being respected without that tool driving one. Haha

Ok rant over. Looks like you had a great day on some brilliant roads; and you certainly used the Corvette cool dealing with GTR boy. Well done. ;) :canada::thumbs:

It's awesome to have some Eastern Canada Fun posted
enjoyable for us Western folks to envy and want to enjoy for ourselves.
Striking a conversation with someone like "Guy" we can all do without ...
Thank you for sharing Karam :thumbs:

to quote:
Guy: "You know its faster right? The GTR."
SN-III: "Faster" ... hmm, an ambiguous word that relates to the Driver and not necessarily the Ride.
Unless on a track, it likely involves Guy "Driving like an Idiot"

"Guy" gets my ... yyssw1.jpg ... of the Month Award ... :Yawn:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.