Jul 5, 2018
Airdrie, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007 Z51
Hello Everyone
After all my searching for mufflers that will not drone with long tube headers and a auto trans I have come up with nothing. Corsa will not even guarantee no drone with an automatic transmission. Any help would be appreciated.
Next subject. Where do you guys buy LED interior bulbs for a C6 in Canada if the USA who is the best to deal with.
Thanks Wayne B.

I run a 2003-LS1, DYNATECH long tube headers into CORSA sport/extreme
(I forget)..
No drone, nice sound..
Quiet when it needs to be....LOUD when ya want it.

Graham
A7ACBC08-90D5-4012-8383-59B480459E2D.jpeg

I can make it drone at certain RPMs when cruisin’ but that is not where the car runs on the Hwy.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hello Everyone
After all my searching for mufflers that will not drone with long tube headers and a auto trans I have come up with nothing. Corsa will not even guarantee no drone with an automatic transmission. Any help would be appreciated.
Next subject. Where do you guys buy LED interior bulbs for a C6 in Canada if the USA who is the best to deal with.
Thanks Wayne B.
Drone can spoil your ride

Hello Everyone
Thanks Wayne B.
Borla S Type II. No Drone.

Hey Wayne, I'm having similar exhaust problems, though all roads seem to lead to Corsa. They appear to have the least amount of drone over anything, appear to be what people are the most happy with over the long term, and what they go to if it gets too loud. Your safest bet might be a factory NPP muffler and the mild to wild switch so if it drones once you're cruising you can close the solenoids, as with closed, it should be just like a factory but with the addition of the long tubes. Factory NPPs go for about $400-$500 US used from what I've seen on corvetteforum.com and the mild to wild setup is about $200.

superbrightleds.com is a good source for LEDs, and they ship to Canada. I've had them in the map lights and clock of my G35 for a few years now with no burn outs. Don't trust their bulb configurer for your car, look up the bulb types or get 194s for the map and floor lights, then 561s for the trunk and under hood. They have some brighter 194s too if you want more light. I think the trunk is 562, they don't carry them, but 561s should work as they are the same size, but I haven't ordered any for my C6 so can't confirm.

Reactions: ddgermann
I bought cheap LED interior lights from the Middle Kingdom via the famous online auction site for something like $13 and they are terrific. I may buy another set and switch from white to red for that aircraft cockpit look. I paid considerably more for my white reversing LED lights, US$54.99 plus shipping, from vette-lights.com but they are really good, with extra diodes and put out 2600 lumens compared to the stock 250. I also have a set of Eagle Eye LED taillights, which are also excellent but not inexpensive.

Reactions: Creedence85
Do you know what colour temp those LEDs were from the famous online auction site? I've seen a lot of 6000K, which is advertised as white, but I'm thinking is starting to get blue/white, as white like the HID headlights is closer to 4000-4500K.

Do you know what colour temp those LEDs were from the famous online auction site? I've seen a lot of 6000K, which is advertised as white, but I'm thinking is starting to get blue/white, as white like the HID headlights is closer to 4000-4500K.
This would void any warranty?

I just have the LED reversing lights as there are legal issues about using HID headlights in Ontario and I don't want to fool with those. I have HID fog lights and they are quite white. I will check but I think they are 6000K.

Reactions: Creedence85
This would void any warranty?
Only the warranty on my dignity, I just don't want blue interior lights, or any other lights for that matter, that are blue or edging towards blue.

I just have the LED reversing lights as there are legal issues about using HID headlights in Ontario and I don't want to fool with those. I have HID fog lights and they are quite white. I will check but I think they are 6000K.
What about the cheap interior lights?

I meant the OEM HID headlights, and 6000K would be a lot further to the blue spectrum than the headlights, so wondered how it matched. DOT lighting regulations, which Transport Canada would similarly follow, don't allow for HIDs in a reflector housing unless they are rated for HID, so you'd probably have similar issue with the fog lights if someone bothered to check, but as long as they aren't glaring

Hello Everyone
Thanks Wayne B.

I had done the "muffler mod" on my C6's stock exhaust and I was quite pleased with the added growl and gurgle/pop. Was pretty cheap to do (about $10-15 for the cost of a hole saw and plugs).

i have a set of stock C6 mufflers that i did the holesaw, plug trick to. Changed to the Npp's so have these gathering dust. They have a deeper tone than the OEM and burble when decelerating. Liked them a lot.

Last year I installed a set of Hooker Blackhearts. I really like these a lot I do get a bit of a drone but not enough to really annoy me and that is thanks to an auto trans. I still have the stock mufflers, I think next next year I will trick those up and put them on just to see what it sounds like

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread