Perhaps the Best Car to Buy ... but the process to Buy is the Worst
and even now during a waiting game on whether a 2020 will exist ...

One thing for sure is that I will not buy at any Dealership that
takes my money as a game ... and I listen to other experiences too.
Also resale is out that would take the new VIN away from the
ZR1 Owners School Experience (it's an inclusive package to me).

Whether good or bad, this is a car that I struggle to shake off my dream list ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Perhaps the Best Car to Buy ... but the process to Buy is the Worst
and even now during a waiting game on whether a 2020 will exist ...

One thing for sure is that I will not buy at any Dealership that
takes my money as a game ... and I listen to other experiences too.
Also resale is out that would take the new VIN away from the
ZR1 Owners School Experience (it's an inclusive package to me).

Whether good or bad, this is a car that I struggle to shake off my dream list ...
I was scraping my pennies in to a pile to buy one until I realized that pennies are not worth anything any more.

Reactions: YFCvii
I was scraping my pennies in to a pile to buy one until I realized that pennies are not worth anything any more.

Hahaha... I still like to screw with young peoples heads with pennies, especially at take-outs. They tell me $8.63 and I actually give them the 63 cents... Then I watch them ....counting twice... looking around.... then looking painfully at the till trying to figure out where they are suppose to put these dirty looking brown pennies... It won't be long and very few will ever remember using pennies....

That's a hit and run. by yourself take out price. 2 bacon and eggers at Albert and Walters. Might not be exact but it's close Spence. Yeah.... You can't eat for that at Peters. You still have to ask for a napkin and salt, pepper, ketchup though.

• Haha
Reactions: YFCvii
Hahaha... I still like to screw with young peoples heads with pennies, especially at take-outs. They tell me $8.63 and I actually give them the 63 cents... Then I watch them ....counting twice... looking around.... then looking painfully at the till trying to figure out where they are suppose to put these dirty looking brown pennies... It won't be long and very few will ever remember using pennies....

Well.... over a week has passed since the above post and here's a fresh update. The other morning I stopped again at Albert and Walters for a quick breakfast of bacon and egger, hashbrown and coffee. It came up on the drive thru screen as $7.33 so while waiting to get to the window I dug the exact change out of the cubby in my truck... A five, a toonie, a quarter, a nickel and 3 pennies. Made it to the window and the young girl looked at the change I put in her hand....looked around, then proceeded to tell me I owed her another nickel.... Now I am not a cheap person but I do like to make a point. So I asked her what the total was again. She said $ 7.35. I asked her why it came up as $ 7.33 on the screen. She said it was $ 7.35 because pennies were not made anymore and were no longer money..... After informing her that the bank still takes pennies, she almost accused me of lying and adamantly stated that pennies were not legal tender. I politely asked her to get her manager to tell me that. After a moment or two she returned and handed me my order, a smile and a "have a nice day".
I'm not sure when they started putting Ex-Lax on their bacon and eggers but at least I made my point....

1543457874203.png

Well.... over a week has passed since the above post and here's a fresh update. The other morning I stopped again at Albert and Walters for a quick breakfast of bacon and egger, hashbrown and coffee. It came up on the drive thru screen as $7.33 so while waiting to get to the window I dug the exact change out of the cubby in my truck... A five, a toonie, a quarter, a nickel and 3 pennies. Made it to the window and the young girl looked at the change I put in her hand....looked around, then proceeded to tell me I owed her another nickel.... Now I am not a cheap person but I do like to make a point. So I asked her what the total was again. She said $ 7.35. I asked her why it came up as $ 7.33 on the screen. She said it was $ 7.35 because pennies were not made anymore and were no longer money..... After informing her that the bank still takes pennies, she almost accused me of lying and adamantly stated that pennies were not legal tender. I politely asked her to get her manager to tell me that. After a moment or two she returned and handed me my order, a smile and a "have a nice day".
I'm not sure when they started putting Ex-Lax on their bacon and eggers but at least I made my point....
View attachment 21715

Please don’t do that while in your Corvette as the next guy to do that gets his coffee thrown at him and would be the poor guy behind you in his Corvette ....
1 in a million odds of that being me ... is still a chance 😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread