Jun 27, 2017
Portage la Prairie, MB
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Coupe
Province
MB
I stumbled on this on YouTube. Just curious what y'all think of the Morimoto LED Tail Lights. Came back in to edit this. Just looked em up, $800 US and not compatible with non US spec cars. Why would that be? Once I am told I can't have something I want it worse. Being a C5 er I have to let it ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj
I have a Morimoto aftermarket HID kit on one of my trucks and in the past year I've had to replace the wiring harness twice. Just an FYI.

I stumbled on this on YouTube. Just curious what y'all think of the Morimoto LED Tail Lights. Came back in to edit this. Just looked em up, $800 US and not compatible with non US spec cars. Why would that be? Once I am told I can't have something I want it worse. Being a C5 er I have to let it ride.

Not sure why it says not compatible because the part number it replaces is the exact part number in my 2015 Z51. I actually contacted a seller in the US and they requested my VIN and confirmed they will fit. In my opinion I think there unique and stand out so I say go for it.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8

I called them on this and they will work on all our cars here in Canada and USA. I believe thats for other products and is generic.
As for price they are 800 cdn from ESS Kustoms. I called Breadon and he was very helpful. And he is in Saskatchewan.

Why are they trying to make the Corvette look like a Lamborghini Aventador? Their headlights are very similar as well to the Lambo. Gross.
People are all different in size and looks. Making your car to what you like is not gross, but a personal choice. I try not to put down someone’s choice. Personally a statement like “ a I prefer the stock look” is a better why to state your opinion.

People are all different in size and looks. Making your car to what you like is not gross, but a personal choice. I try not to put down someone’s choice. Personally a statement like “ a I prefer the stock look” is a better why to state your opinion.
Well said Darren. Imagine a car show with 500 stock, identical cars. That's"gross" :)

Just an update, communication was off a little. The C7 Morimoto Led tail lights have a sequential turn signal option.
My apologies as I was miss informed but have cleared this up.

Reactions: Dantanman

It looks OK .. but definitely NOT for me .. and it looks like kinda need it a complicated surgery to Vette for DIY

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
I like the video - thank you for posting it.
Knowing/seeing about the removal and reinstall of the back panel
... crap ... I will need a friend of two :angelic:

I've liked the idea of having white tail lights on the "not his" sterling blue C7 ...
but I anticipate that there will be no chance that "the owner" will allow me
to go that far to merely do something that I might think would look better ...

I do like the sequence-run feature that the lights in this thread have.
Not convinced on the lit arrow type design.

found this longer detailed installation video link ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bixter44
I like the video - thank you for posting it.
Knowing/seeing about the removal and reinstall of the back panel
... crap ... I will need a friend of two :angelic:

I've liked the idea of having white tail lights on the "not his" sterling blue C7 ...
but I anticipate that there will be no chance that "the owner" will allow me
to go that far to merely do something that I might think would look better ...

I do like the running light feature that the lights in this thread.
Not convinced on the lit arrow type design.

found this longer detailed installation video link ...

The only screws I didn’t remove are the 4 underneath the bottom of the car. 10 at top 2 on each side under mud flaps and 3 that hold mud flaps. 2 that hold licence plate and 2 behind plate. If anyone wants details PM me.

The only screws I didn’t remove are the 4 underneath the bottom of the car. 10 at top 2 on each side under mud flaps and 3 that hold mud flaps. 2 that hold licence plate and 2 behind plate. If anyone wants details PM me.
And 2 that hold lights under light trim.
only 4 that hold each light assembly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.