Repeatguy

Casual User
Apr 27, 2018
Victoria BC
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Corvette Rdstr
I know there's been a lot on the headlight problems on C5's but thought I'd ask again. Someone mentioned remove "relay 44"in the pass foot area box or "fuse 6" to stop the auto opening of the doors when you start the car but as far as I can see I don't see wither of these numbers!?? Relays have longer numbers ( can't see ANYthing relating to #44) and fuses have the amp ratings...what am I missing?? Can someone give a bit more detailed explanation on how to deactivet the auto doors please? ( and my pass headlite won't pop up...no noise etc , just won't pop up!) Thanks !

I know there's been a lot on the headlight problems on C5's but thought I'd ask again. Someone mentioned remove "relay 44"in the pass foot area box or "fuse 6" to stop the auto opening of the doors when you start the car but as far as I can see I don't see wither of these numbers!?? Relays have longer numbers ( can't see ANYthing relating to #44) and fuses have the amp ratings...what am I missing?? Can someone give a bit more detailed explanation on how to deactivet the auto doors please? ( and my pass headlite won't pop up...no noise etc , just won't pop up!) Thanks !
Damn!..Ok, Bixter44 enlightened me on the panel diagram so got that, but if anyone has an idea on the door not working I'd appreciate your thoughts before I pull it apart only to find out it's something simple.

Damn!..Ok, Bixter44 enlightened me on the panel diagram so got that, but if anyone has an idea on the door not working I'd appreciate your thoughts before I pull it apart only to find out it's something simple.
Turns out it was something simple - apparently a dead spot or dirt on the armature in the headlite motor, just moved it a bit with the manual sopener and it was fine.

Repeat guy you can have that function turned off on the computer as well. I had mine done by a forum sponsor tuner, it certainly takes away some wear and tear on a component that is known to be weak.

Have to remember to turn the headlights on but even at my advanced age I know when I can't see anymore unless I have fallen asleep.

Repeat guy you can have that function turned off on the computer as well. I had mine done by a forum sponsor tuner, it certainly takes away some wear and tear on a component that is known to be weak.

Have to remember to turn the headlights on but even at my advanced age I know when I can't see anymore unless I have fallen asleep.
Hmmmm , heard it could be done on a 'puter but being pretty "puter illiterate I went the other way! Yeah I think I can remember to turn the lights on. Thanks!

Sorry I couldn’t get to this post faster, but it was great reading about the problem, then the next post being the solution, then a problem, then solution before we could chime in. :D
Glad you got the headlights figured out and that the passenger side was a simple fix. I start sweating when my car has electrical problems....but knock on wood, it’s been doing well for the past few years.

Sorry I couldn’t get to this post faster, but it was great reading about the problem, then the next post being the solution, then a problem, then solution before we could chime in. :D
Glad you got the headlights figured out and that the passenger side was a simple fix. I start sweating when my car has electrical problems....but knock on wood, it’s been doing well for the past few years.
No problem, thanks for showin up ! This forum has been a great help to me on several things since I got this vette last April. I belong to a couple of hot rod forums as well and always put guys onto these forums , somebody's always got an answer! Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.