Casual User
Sep 27, 2018
Lethbridge, AB
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette Grand Sport
Province
AB
I have a 2019 Grand Sport 2LT. Just turned 5500 km and last week I discovered two bent rims, both on the LHS. I haven't hit anything as far as I know and there's no visible damage to the tire or rim but so far GM says no warranty. Anyone heard of a class action lawsuit against them in Canada? There are a couple of lawsuits underway in the US but apparently they can't or wont include cars owned by Canadian residents. Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: G-ForceJunkie
I had an issue with my Z06, back passenger side rim cracked in 2 spots, my dealer replaced under warranty for me.
I got super lucky as I doubt very much my dealer got reimbursed from GM.... I'm certain GM declined their claim

That's what my dealer here in Lethbridge, AB is saying too. They were going to warranty the wheels but pulled back when there was a question about GM reimbursing them. Thanks.

I have a 2019 Grand Sport 2LT. Just turned 5500 km and last week I discovered two bent rims, both on the LHS. I haven't hit anything as far as I know and there's no visible damage to the tire or rim but so far GM says no warranty. Anyone heard of a class action lawsuit against them in Canada? There are a couple of lawsuits underway in the US but apparently they can't or wont include cars owned by Canadian residents. Thanks

I've been following this situation very closely too, have the same year and model as you. 7000 kl's and, so far, no problems and I do check regularly.

You're obviously aware of the situation in the States but, as far as I know, there is no legal challenge taking place in Canada. I did take out private wheel/tire insurance when I first got the car, feel lucky that I haven't had to use it - yet. Fingers crossed.

I've been following this situation very closely too, have the same year and model as you. 7000 kl's and, so far, no problems and I do check regularly.

You're obviously aware of the situation in the States but, as far as I know, there is no legal challenge taking place in Canada. I did take out private wheel/tire insurance when I first got the car, feel lucky that I haven't had to use it - yet. Fingers crossed.
CDNRX1 where did you buy the wheel insurance from for your 19 and what was the cost. I tried back in early spring with the dealer and they said they use Global but they stopped wheel and tire insurance for Corvettes. I called myself and they said no.

CDNRX1 where did you buy the wheel insurance from for your 19 and what was the cost. I tried back in early spring with the dealer and they said they use Global but they stopped wheel and tire insurance for Corvettes. I called myself and they said no.

I actually got it from one of the local Ford dealers, they had the lowest price. My selling dealer didn't have an agreement with First Canadian so they couldn't provide the insurance coverage. I also checked with a couple of other local dealers, Toyota, Mazda and the other Ford dealer here in town, prices ranged from $700 to over $1000 for 5 year coverage. Can't vouch for their service or reliability, like I said, I haven't had to make a claim. Vehicle & RV Protection | First Canadian Financial Group

I actually got it from one of the local Ford dealers, they had the lowest price. My selling dealer didn't have an agreement with First Canadian so they couldn't provide the insurance coverage. I also checked with a couple of other local dealers, Toyota, Mazda and the other Ford dealer here in town, prices ranged from $700 to over $1000 for 5 year coverage. Can't vouch for their service or reliability, like I said, I haven't had to make a claim. Vehicle & RV Protection | First Canadian Financial Group
Lol never thought about other non GM dealers. I’ll check that on Monday . Thanks

Reviving an old thread: I'm still fighting with GM about warranty for my two bent GS wheels. After going round and round with their warranty manager(s) here in Alberta, I finally wrote to their VP of Sales and Service and they offered me a super deal: buy one get one free. Trouble is, they want full retail for the one I have to buy and that's over $900. I'd rather put that money into something that's going to stand up to our public roads. Now my question: do any of you folks know of a strong but economical replacement for the GS wheels? I don't care too much about weight but I do care about strength and obviously attractiveness. Forged wheels would be nice but my family has to eat too.

the USA site has a couple of wheel shops in Florida, free shipping to the Canadian border then import them easy peasy

house of wheels and someone else. Like Florida speed shop 9419320545 is where I bought mine

maybe some forum sponsors as well

I'd be going to something different rather than spending ludicrous amounts of money replacing bad wheels with the same thing. GM closing Oshawa vehicle production is turning a lot of people off. Playing games with customers, with a known problem sure isn't going to help their image, Someone in head office needs to wake up.

Reviving an old thread: I'm still fighting with GM about warranty for my two bent GS wheels. After going round and round with their warranty manager(s) here in Alberta, I finally wrote to their VP of Sales and Service and they offered me a super deal: buy one get one free. Trouble is, they want full retail for the one I have to buy and that's over $900. I'd rather put that money into something that's going to stand up to our public roads. Now my question: do any of you folks know of a strong but economical replacement for the GS wheels? I don't care too much about weight but I do care about strength and obviously attractiveness. Forged wheels would be nice but my family has to eat too.
I dont have a GS but I purchased cray wheels in the US and I've had no issues and if you've ever been to Winnipeg where there is more potholes then smooth surface :). That's got to say something about the quality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread