Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
It appears so far that Monday the 9th is looking like quite a decent day in cental Alberta with a high of 14 degrees so far. I think this could be our last chance this fall for a cruise and get together with the boys before we park our cars for the winter. My thoughts, due to us being dispersed all over Alberta, maybe a meet in Red Deer at the usual Peters Drive Inn. At that point, we could do sort of a loop around Southern Red Deer. Head West to Rock Mountain on Hwy 11 (1 hour), take 22 South to Sundre (1 hour), 27 East to 21 Three Hills (1 hour 10 min.), 21 North up to 11 (1 hour 15 min.), then options at that point. If everyone meets at Peters at around 8:30, and we leave at around 9 ish, that should give us all enough time for a full day cruise with lunch and stops, and everyone to be back home before Thanksgiving evening dinner, which many others may also be doing. I need to be back for our family dinner at 5 the very latest. Thoughts? Extra ideas? Who's In?

Last edited:
IMG_4151.JPG
I like this little loop Ziggy. Could we add in a short detour east on 54 to the Dickson Dam for a photo/drone shot ? Then backtrack to the loop? Once on the other side,a stop at the pine lake tornado memorial would be interesting. You can still see the path she took coming across the lake.

Could also hit this, lol. They must have one in the parking lot ??

Gopher Hole Museum

Last edited:
I am in.
A little early for us old guys but hey it is a day out of the institution

Wally World in spruce grove had no corvette toys for 1 or 2 bucks today so I will check out the home town one

They seem to be going out of the cheap ones to the ones costing 3-5 bucks more profit I guess

Ok Monday it is. Jeffy

I still have enough time to make this!!!! The only catch is I doubt I could get away....however, maybe I’ll just let my wife know I’m headed out for milk.....I never said where I’d get it from. I heard Red Deer has the best milk at this time of year. :D

Have fun everyone! I’m looking forward to the pics.

Due to the low temps tonight, going in to the negatives, maybe we should reconsider our trip for early AM tommorow morning. I see there has been some snow, rain and freezing in various areas. I myself, like all of us, am looking very forward to one more outing with our cars. However, if there is a safety issue, especially those of you who have the Pilot, "summer only tires", maybe we should reconsider our trip, or postpone till later morning until temps and pavement has warmed up some. I believe I speak for everyone when I say that our safety is the most important priority. Everyone please share your thoughts.

i think I'm bailing. Might have company arriving around 11/noon hour. Wont know for sure until about 5am but as of now,I'm out.

I think it'll be warmer in a week or 2 anyway. We always get an Indian summer. It's just not happening this week. They're calling for 6 today here. That ain't going to happen with 40 kms winds. My outside thermometer says minus 1 right now.

what ever

I may go to wal ly world in sylvan lake for some cars in the am and meet you guys just outside hiway 11 at the lights where ziggy and I pushed our cars through the intersection at about 930 or so

let you know in the am

Jeff

Reactions: MikeysZ06
what ever

I may go to wal ly world in sylvan lake for some cars in the am and meet you guys just outside hiway 11 at the lights where ziggy and I pushed our cars through the intersection at about 930 or so

let you know in the am

Jeff
I was at one Walmart today Jeff but didn't see any. Might go to the other one near my place Tuesday.

Looks like a go for 4 of us forsure at this point. Drive safe guy's, and we should see you around 9 ish in Red Deer at Peters. Anyone that has a two way radio please bring them. If the weather happens to be extremely poor in the morning with snow or freezing rain please call my cell ASAP. I will be up at about 6 AM. Happy motoring and set those C7's in weather mode!

Looks like a go for 4 of us forsure at this point. Drive safe guy's, and we should see you around 9 ish in Red Deer at Peters. Anyone that has a two way radio please bring them. If the weather happens to be extremely poor in the morning with snow or freezing rain please call my cell ASAP. I will be up at about 6 AM. Happy motoring and set those C7's in weather mode!

I drove my ZR1 in wet snow twice bring it back from the USA..... you guys should be fine tomorrow.

B

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread