I have about 50 quarts of 0W40 ESP sitting in my garage so about 5 oil changes. I'm not concerned about shelf life they'll get used up in due time.

I'll most likely switch to Amsoil 0W40 once I use up the Mobil.
Does that stuff work in gas and diesel engines?

Does that stuff work in gas and diesel engines?
Jmo but I would be cautious using regular gas engine oils in a diesel engine. Diesel oils have to put up with much higher engine temperatures, higher oxidation rates, fuel soot, acids and other deposits and conditions not usually found in automobile engines. There is a reason that the nice amber oil we put in our diesels turns black before you make it to the curb. They are doing their job. At the very least, check your engines specs for oil and use an oil that meets them.

Jmo but I would be cautious using regular gas engine oils in a diesel engine. Diesel oils have to put up with much higher engine temperatures, higher oxidation rates, fuel soot, acids and other deposits and conditions not usually found in automobile engines. There is a reason that the nice amber oil we put in our diesels turns black before you make it to the curb. They are doing their job. At the very least, check your engines specs for oil and use an oil that meets them.
That's sort of why I asked. I read the Mobil 1 ESP webpage and it says "both" and that it meets MB 229.31 and 229.51.
I was curious if the OP had ever used it in both. I have a 2017 3500 Sprinter.
products
(no idea why the website link keeps truncating)

Not worry about 7-8 years, like paint, just shake it real good as there will be small deposit in the bottom, normal. PS: dont try this method with wine bottles. :)
Why would you want to pour in the sludge from the bottom of the oil can? Is it special sludge full of C8 nutrients? Is it not better to leave it in the bottle? Asking for a friend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.