Jul 31, 2021
Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
Red Mist 2023 Coupe
Province
MB
In the days when I had a BMW E63 M6, it always annoyed me that I had few places to buy the 10w-60 oil it needed. The dealer wanted $14 a litre. FOURTEEN dollars! And I needed 10 litres.
Ha ha now I have C8 Corvette, surely I can saunter down to Can Tire and get my oil....DOH! Dexos 2! Okay I will get it at the dealer. They gave me a price of $33.40 per quart! Holy Sh.....
Ok looking around the best price I have seen is at Summit Racing at about $17 a bottle. Anyone one else have a good source? I want to do my first oil change myself as I won't likely have 12k km on it this year and I don't want to use up my free DCT filter change too early.

Last edited:
In the past, I've had good luck buying from the biggest Mobil Oil distributor in the Edmonton area: Blue Water Group on the West end (11724-180 Street): 780-822-6220 and I dealt with Sydney although that was a while ago. Let us know how you make out if you contact them. Mention you're on a Corvette Forum which could bring her more business; that made her more amenable to price negotiation...and buying a couple cases at a time also helped. Good luck!

I'm not fussy. I'm just going to buy this stuff.
As my electronic teacher always said when comparing tubes to transistors. Same! Same! LOL
I doubt the car will notice. Works out to $13.20 per U.S. qt

Reactions: Sturmgewehr
I'm not fussy. I'm just going to buy this stuff.
As my electronic teacher always said when comparing tubes to transistors. Same! Same! LOL
I doubt the car will notice. Works out to $13.20 per U.S. qt

Out of warranty maybe. I am going to not take any chances with my warranty when I can buy the recommended oil at the same basic price.

Yes, I keep forgetting about warranty. Best to protect yourself as much as possible in the event of a problem. I suppose it's a small price to pay for peace of mind. Most will only change their oil once a season....so it's not a huge deal in the scheme of things.

Out of warranty maybe. I am going to not take any chances with my warranty when I can buy the recommended oil at the same basic price.
They can't taste the difference. ;)
Seriously there is no way they can tell. In fact the oil is likely so similar as it is.
Edit: Actually the manual recommends it, but says you can use any 0w40 as long as it meets the Dexos 2 requirements

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I'm staring at this stuff.....but not Dexos 2 rated. Actually no mention of Dexos on the packaging.....?????
PXL_20230406_191828174.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
They can't taste the difference. ;)
Seriously there is no way they can tell. In fact the oil is likely so similar as it is.
Edit: Actually the manual recommends it, but says you can use any 0w40 as long as it meets the Dexos 2 requirements
2023 manual says Dexos R specification. For me, as I am getting it for just under $13/qt I will stick with the Supercar Dexos R. Two oil changes a year won't break the bank at $13/qt.

The European Mobil 1 oil is NOT recommended for us in Canada (or the States). This was a question brought up at the NCM Bash last year and that was the answer from the C8 engine engineer. You'll be faced with potential warranty issues if there's an engine problem traced back to the oil and you've got the European version in your motor. As others have said, it's not worth taking the risk.

• Wow
Reactions: Sturmgewehr
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.