Good afternoon everyone!

No worries Spence, thus is life and there will be another opportunity.

A little update. My life is now so different. No pain medication now for the 4th day outside of last night. Not sure why after taking the daily maximum of tramadol I can go pill free. As well, even though I change the dressings twice a day, they used to get yellow and wet which was a pretty miserable way to go through life, now next to nothing, again why? And on my upper arm, really good tumor eradication and shrinkage. Now focusing on the elbow to wrist area where most of the tumors are and the least action has occurred.

But as I told my girlfriend, for the first time in two years since the cancer came back I'm going to use a word for the first time, the word is HOPE. I can't say I've ever felt that before and it feels odd, but seeing tumors disappear makes me think that I am making some sort of headway. I'm not sure if this will continue to progress, if it will be short term or what but it just feels so good!

Good enough that I made the investment to have AC installed in my house. I used to suffer when it was 30 above and by evening it would be 28 in the house, just misery. SO last Monday I had the AC installed and the wiring was just finished 30 minutes ago. Currently at 23.5 and set for 20 so we'll see how long it takes to get there.

More updates. In trying to go for daily Z06 drives I headed out yesterday, taking my normal route north of town. I went a bit further than normal and suddenly I spotted a low slung car approaching. A white C7! Huge waves to each other. Two in this neck of the woods? So after another mile or two I thought I'm going to turn around and see if I can catch him. When I got behind him he signaled and pulled over. Yea! A friendly Corvette owner!

So his name is Shawn and he actually lives on the acreage where he was turning off. He and his friend went to Edmonton, he bought the white Stingray and his friend a Z06 and they drove back together. Before he moved to the acreage he lived just around the corner from me - imagine that, me in the middle with a Z06, Brent 6 houses west with a C6 convertible and had Shawn stayed a C7 5 houses east! He had his son with him who also goes to my son's school (2 or 3 grades lower) but he said he recognized me from all the time I spend there.

He said he looked at a Camero and Mustang as they have to children but concluded that the rear seats were more for show and so his wife told him to buy the C7!

We talked about the 1 mile stretch of gravel he has to drive on now and I told him I used to have to do a 3/4 mile stretch myself at the acreage.

But a nice encounter and I hope that we might pass each other again.

Overall, I'm sort of in a happy time in my life and so enjoying it. It has been a while.

Cheers,

Garry

Ha … getting updates again in near real time … yippee :thumbs:
There are two words that my Daughter used … that came to be
when she described an experience in her life where, while in Japan,
one dips feet into water with little fish that nibble away at expired skin :Wideyed:
Since then, her Mom and I relate to so many other strange things in our lives
as she does ... "Oddly Satisfying".
When I read "not sure why" and "again why" and "but it just feels so good"
I smile reading the latest of the greatest news of what's "oddly satisfying" for
our good friend @VelocityYellowRules!

… as I've begun to understand this year of my 6500kms of Corvette enjoyment,
nobody complains about a gravel road more than one who just Drives IT ...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.