Featured Thread

YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
If you have the dash ability ...
Ok let's boast what Corvettes can do as not many of those "tree-huggers" believe us.
Everyone's Corvette is different so it's really a show of Generation and Specification.
C7's should show their economy with the 100km average screen (not instant values)
So I did mine today on a 250km run from Pigeon Lake to Calgary and here's my
dash photo result near my destination ... ta-da !!!
2016 - 3LT - Z51 (a/c was on too)
Average 7.5 l / 100km
01Aug2017-2016RayZ51.JPG

Last fall coming back from Vancouver.. Averaged 8.4 for the entire trip... varied between Tour and Sport modes, depending on where I was and what I was feeling at the moment...this pic was pretty typical for all the last leg from Lake Louise to Red Deer... Oh yeah... I'm not a tree hugger so I only recognize "Eco" as a mode found on a bicycle....

Finally a run.jpg

View attachment 10355 Oh you guys - letting your cars do all the hard work for you! Lets see..

When the gas gauge is close to empty, fitty bucks gets me to town and back 3 times. That's about 4.5 hrs of driving. My abacus says she gets about 13mpg. Ish. 14mpg with the top down!

You win hands down Franci.... Not for your gas mileage but for that sweet azz C1 instrument cluster.... great pic... :thumbs:

You win hands down Franci.... Not for your gas mileage but for that sweet azz C1 instrument cluster.... great pic... :thumbs:

Yay - I like winning! But seriously, my calcs must be way off cause our C6 & 7s are getting like 38mpg?! I also forgot to mention even after 3 sending units, the gas guage is never quite sure how much french fry oil is in there. Yes, kidding.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
HAHAHA. That picture is too funny Franci! I never did calculate the mileage in my 66 396 Chevelle, but I do know it got 100 miles to the tank and cost $100 to fill...but the smiles per gallon were off the chart.
The C5 usually rolls around 6.8 to 7.5 l/100km by what the dic says. I'll have to find the picture.

Reactions: OneTrueChevyGirl
This may not win, but I thought it was smokin' mileage on the Coquihala for an hour and a half at an average speed of 127 km/h in 7th gear. My buddy's 3/4 ton Chevy truck pulling an enclosed ca trailer loaded with a 68 El Camino got a wopping 29 L/100km!

20170803_164849.jpg

This may not win, but I thought it was smokin' mileage on the Coquihala for an hour and a half at an average speed of 127 km/h in 7th gear. My buddy's 3/4 ton Chevy truck pulling an enclosed ca trailer loaded with a 68 El Camino got a wopping 29 L/100km!

View attachment 10393
I love the "touring" mode at 126 in cruise and that you are enjoying your 2015 Corvette with over 16000km on it. Awesome!

Ok let's boast what Corvettes can do as not many of those "tree-huggers" believe us.
Everyone's Corvette is different so it's really a show of Generation and Specification.
C7's should show their economy with the 100km average screen (not instant values)
Average 7.5 l / 100km
View attachment 10332

38.7 mpg! Excellent, I think my best in the C6 was in the 34 mpg range.

Average 7.5 l / 100km
View attachment 10332
View attachment 10355 Oh you guys - letting your cars do all the hard work for you! Lets see..

When the gas gauge is close to empty, fitty bucks gets me to town and back 3 times. That's about 4.5 hrs of driving. My abacus says she gets about 13mpg. Ish. 14mpg with the top down!

That instrument cluster is a true work of art...

Ziggy... that's pretty amazing... Did you have a 100km downhill grade? Car was upon jack stands?.. 2 cylinder eco mode?.... lol....Great mileage man... Best I've ever accomplished is 7.2

Reactions: Brent08
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread