Found 6 drops of what looks like oil by the rear driver side wheel. Lifted the car, got underneath and everything looks clean and dry. Put cardboard down and will see it she leaks again.

Anyone have any leaks to report?
Other forums users report transmission leaks because of defect in the casting... something related to porous aluminum.

Keep us posted.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
D
Found 6 drops of what looks like oil by the rear driver side wheel. Lifted the car, got underneath and everything looks clean and dry. Put cardboard down and will see it she leaks again.

Anyone have any leaks to report?
Do you have the front lift system? I heard reports of hydraulic fluid leaks. Apparently an easy fix.

After 5500+ km no leaks anywhere on my C8 with front-end lift and friends with C8's report the same with theirs. So it's unusual and as others said, talk to your dealer. But you're right to investigate to try and pinpoint and if it happens again, take photos and also keep a sample of the fluid to show the dealer.

Reactions: Maximus74
It has been reported that some have the "porous" DCT leak and others have an axle seal leak. Both will leak DCT fluid that is clear(ish). If you can remove the lower pan under the DCT, you may see more evidence of the leak. Take it to your dealer to investigate.
I plan to take it to the dealer on Monday

The following day, no new oil spots before or after a spirited drive. Now my family say “are you sure those where not there before?” Well, I can’t remember as it could be oil or grease from when one of us sorted the trash.

Attachments

• 36B09A27-5E13-4997-9736-1806BDB8B560.jpeg
    36B09A27-5E13-4997-9736-1806BDB8B560.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.