Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
MICHELIN TIRES & $70 at COSTCO begins April 8th 2019
Category: Parts
Deal Link: www.costco.ca
Retailer: Costco Wholesale
Discount: $70.00
Expiry Date: Jun 2, 2019

Description: Note this offer begins April 8th and runs until June 2nd 2019 only.
Although one needs a membership to take advantage, I consider this offer as buy four Michelin Tires at Costco's great tire pricing and get $70 of Costco stuff included. I found buying at Costco.ca very convenient and Apple-to-Apple tire pricing without this cash card might still beats competitor pricing.

C962B516-EC2C-485A-96BF-D5A339A61E5D.jpeg

Last edited:
No big deal , every dealer has the discount not only Costco. You can mail in rebate also. These rebates happen every year. The fall one just expired and it was $100 rebate. Online dealers, Canadian Tire etc all have them. In the past I found C-Tire was cheaper than Costco. Pays to shop around and why pay a membership to a store to still pay retail and even more sometimes ?

• Indifferent
Reactions: YFCvii
No big deal , every dealer has the discount not only Costco. You can mail in rebate also. These rebates happen every year. The fall one just expired and it was $100 rebate. Online dealers, Canadian Tire etc all have them. In the past I found C-Tire was cheaper than Costco. Pays to shop around and why pay a membership to a store to still pay retail and even more sometimes ?
Canadian Tire has actually twice failed me as they wouldnt provide me with apple-to-apple pricing. They tried to sell me another “on-sale” tire instead claiming my preference is “not available”. I’d consider them only when they can offer what I want to buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Even if I needed tires, which I don't, I just cant get excited over a $ 70.00 cash card discount on a $2000.00 retail purchase... Guess I'm just spoiled...

No big deal with not being interested.

I took care by not posting this as a “hot deal” because each individual needs to determine this for themselves as competitive apple-to-apple quotations do vary.

I never thought I’d ever be watching Costco for tires until they blew local competitors out of the water on Blizzaks last fall and then kicked in a cash card on top.

... it’s Caveat Emptor (using the term loosely) when relating it to the accumulated household spending budget ... as I know it all adds up.

Last edited:

I took care by not posting this as a “hot deal” because each individual needs to determine this for themselves as competitive apple-to-apple quotations do vary.

I never thought I’d ever be watching Costco for tires until they blew local competitors out of the water on Blizzaks last fall and then kicked in a cash card on top.

... it’s Caveat Emptor (using the term loosely) when relating it to the accumulated household spending budget ... as I know it all adds up.

Very well expressed Spence 👍

Didn't mean to slam your tire deal post Spence. I as well track household spending (even though our vehices don't count in this house as household...lol). I simply look for the bestest biggest deal I can find with certain things. For my beaters, plow truck and hunting truck, I wait just to take advantage of a 4 for 3 offering from one of the major tire centers.... Ok...maybe I'm cheap too but a 25% saving does get my attention......lol...

Didn't mean to slam your tire deal post Spence. I as well track household spending (even though our vehices don't count in this house as household...lol). I simply look for the bestest biggest deal I can find with certain things. For my beaters, plow truck and hunting truck, I wait just to take advantage of a 4 for 3 offering from one of the major tire centers.... Ok...maybe I'm cheap too but a 25% saving does get my attention......lol...
All fine Eric ... I'm consistent when I refer people in that this "non-hot" on the surface "deal" merely has the potential for icing-on-the-cake
as I found Costco regular pricing was second only to Tire-rack last fall. This after not being impressed by my Tire Store Manager claiming
the best deals for me ... Sadly my fleet of 5 vehicles stresses my house budget so they do become a player when I can use the $70 card
to buy paper that is used to flush down the toilet - as I'm buying the stuff regardless.
... sorry my header maybe should have been "buy 4 tires and get 6to12 months of toilet paper for free" :Biggrin: ... all good and on topic and definitely
not to soap box buying at Costco (that's for sure). Cheers :thumbs:

Reactions: Bixter44
All fine Eric ... I'm consistent when I refer people in that this "non-hot" on the surface "deal" merely has the potential for icing-on-the-cake
as I found Costco regular pricing was second only to Tire-rack last fall. This after not being impressed by my Tire Store Manager claiming
the best deals for me ... Sadly my fleet of 5 vehicles stresses my house budget so they do become a player when I can use the $70 card
to buy paper that is used to flush down the toilet - as I'm buying the stuff regardless.
... sorry my header maybe should have been "buy 4 tires and get 6to12 months of toilet paper for free" :Biggrin: ... all good and on topic and definitely
not to soap box buying at Costco (that's for sure). Cheers :thumbs:

Know what you mean... Hunting truck makes 6 here for a family of two. What's wrong with that picture... Which reminds me... Insurance is due in two months.... :Ack2:

with hope of not derailing too much ...
I am stressed using a CO-OP $3 off gas coupon today as it reduces my annual total fuel amount
that will get 8 cents per liter rebated if CO-OP does that ... this stuff takes mathematical genius all the time :Banghead:
I'm figuring it will be the best benefit only up to the minimum coupon amount required (30 litres)
after 30 litres the average savings will drop ...
I'm doomed in marketing shenanigans but driven to succeed and I'm playing with daily fluctuating gas prices too.
I know it's YYSSW :rolleyes:
I'd be better off to just gnaw on an old tire (thread back on the rails again :happy:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread