May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
776E80D1-E526-457A-B72D-A31AE67C1AFD.jpeg
I just came from Kal-Tire on Edmonton trail here in Calgary. This is what I got for a quote for PS 4s. This is for normal tires. Not the zero pressure.

My ZR1 has new tires on it......... buy it! ;)

Non RF you just need one of my tire repair tools...... best way to do it.

B
I would consider it but,,,,we’re about how much apart on it ?? I’ll be wanting one of those repair tools so,don’t forget to bring one to Cochrane. Or,I’ll have Spence get it for me come Ponoka.

View attachment 14603 I just came from Kal-Tire on Edmonton trail here in Calgary. This is what I got for a quote for PS 4s. This is for normal tires. Not the zero pressure.

Need a heated garage for these tires though. Michelin warns that they will crack under -7 degrees if they are looked at sideways.

The Pilot Sport 4S excels in warm dry and wet conditions, so like all Max Performance Summer tires, is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

Need a heated garage for these tires though. Michelin warns that they will crack under -7 degrees if they are looked at sideways.

The Pilot Sport 4S excels in warm dry and wet conditions, so like all Max Performance Summer tires, is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.
I did read that in the description at Kal tire. I don’t see me getting these ones.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

What if your garage heater goes..... no tires should crack in the cold.

B

I would consider it but,,,,we’re about how much apart on it ?? I’ll be wanting one of those repair tools so,don’t forget to bring one to Cochrane. Or,I’ll have Spence get it for me come Ponoka.

It is probably worth high 60's now.....

Ponoka is fine......... don't leave it till late Aug... the summer is almost over by then and you drive a lot .. good to have.

B

Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner
You don't need a heated garage, you just shouldn't use them when they're cold.

For most sticky tires it's recommended to keep them warm all the time, but unless you're competing with them, you'll never notice the loss of grip, IMO.

Reactions: ddgermann
You don't need a heated garage, you just shouldn't use them when they're cold.

For most sticky tires it's recommended to keep them warm all the time, but unless you're competing with them, you'll never notice the loss of grip, IMO.

Michelin tends to disagree with you.
The Pilot Sport 4S excels in warm dry and wet conditions, so like all Max Performance Summer tires, is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

View attachment 14603 I just came from Kal-Tire on Edmonton trail here in Calgary. This is what I got for a quote for PS 4s. This is for normal tires. Not the zero pressure.
Have you tried Costco: they carry Michelin tires and both my wife and I put new replacements on our SUVs -way cheaper than anyone else. I believe they have, or can get, HP tires as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.