Absolutely love my MGW shifter. Anyone who likes banging through the gears will definately like the feel and precision of the MGW mechanism. When you see them side by side you get a better idea of why the factory one is so sloppy. No regrets here and a joy to drive.

Reactions: Runningmann
Absolutely love my MGW shifter. Anyone who likes banging through the gears will definately like the feel and precision of the MGW mechanism. When you see them side by side you get a better idea of why the factory one is so sloppy. No regrets here and a joy to drive.

How is the 2-3 shift? Me myself I've missed it a few times and hit it right in between on the oem.. also heard the mgw is very stiff for daily driving?

I have it for 2 years now and love it, no regrets at all, no complain from my wife. It is a little stiffer but not unpleasant, 2 to 3 is better. If you find it to hard, there is a small mod to fix this, a 20mm cup washer can be install on the right side of the tranny on a spring loaded ball bearing. About 5$ and 5 minutes to install. If I was home I could give the part #, I bought it but never install.

Reactions: turbozig
Installed one on my C5 two years ago. It's a bit stiffer feeling on the everyday shifts, but excels when you're shifting in a hurry. The notchiness can be cured by adding another washer to the detent ball assembly, but never really bothered me. It just fells more positive insofar as engagement is concerned. Not sure if the detent is exactly in the same spot on the C6, so something to look into.

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Here's mine. opted for the race style shift knob. looks good and shifts great. takes abit of time to get used to the precise shifting from 2nd to 3rd. but after abit it's not a problem. Definitely. recommend! moving slowly it took my a couple hours to install.
20170915_223650.jpg

2nd to 3rd is fine on mine. 4th to 5th took some getting used to though. Might be the linkage, might be me, who knows, but I'm good with it now.

As for the knob, I got super lucky. I found a guy in the states that specialized in custom shifter knobs. Specifically ones with pictures encapsulated within them. I reached out to him, and he told me that he was on the verge of retiring, and getting out of the customs business, preferring to concentrate on the established mass production aspect. Well, I asked him if he could maybe do one last custom job for me, explained the circumstances, and he agreed...

dscf5282_1_09819e41584518a74c3d0abe2be5d033b194620a.jpg

My old man passed from pancreatic cancer in 2015. I bought the car in 2016, but he being a Chevy man through and through, wanted some way to honor his memory. "The Chief" rides shotgun with me anywhere I go now. I guess you could say that I own the only C5 with 3 abreast seating.:)

Today speaking with one of the dinner cruise guys who has this installed in a C7 GS and sitting in the car running through the gearbox,I’m sold. I’m picking one of these up over the winter.

New here’s my issue. Although it’s one of those “It’s your car,do what you like” deals,I’m more curious what you would do for stick and ball colour ?

I’m kinda leaning towards a red stick and white ball as the pic shows. Blue with white and grey with white are cool too.

All suggestions are welcome.

E44B778E-D658-48B9-B582-09FF64742B94.png

Today speaking with one of the dinner cruise guys who has this installed in a C7 GS and sitting in the car running through the gearbox,I’m sold. I’m picking one of these up over the winter.

New here’s my issue. Although it’s one of those “It’s your car,do what you like” deals,I’m more curious what you would do for stick and ball colour ?

I’m kinda leaning towards a red stick and white ball as the pic shows. Blue with white and grey with white are cool too.

View attachment 30405

I went with the one that retains the factory knob. Unfortunately it’s still in the box..🤣
Haven’t had time to install the damn thing.

Go for the black one Mike.

View attachment 30405

I installed mine a couple of years ago, no regrets, awesome quality and performance. I went with the fully stock looking style with factor knob. On your car go I would go with the blue handle and black ball.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.