Featured Thread
Jun 8, 2012
Edmonton AB
VetteCoins
Car
No Corvette :(
Not saying what he told a few of us on the cruise.....

Ok, I will say a bit.... haha

he said he can't talk much.
He was on holidays and is from Michigan. Told him to go see Emerald lake. he said he could not get to Morraine Lake.... too busy.

What he hinted about the C8 Zora

About a $75,000 USD starting price.
Possible V8 and down the road a electric version
said it will be a 2020 model

he is part of the brake and chassis development. Said some neat parts.... mentioned one but can't remember it.

he said he could not really say more.

nice guy... thanked us at the end for buying a GM product.
B

The older I get (read wiser lol) the more I realize that the car has to sound good. No. Not just good. Awesome. It is an absolutely integral part of the experience. I can't drive the car hard all the time, and i can't look at it all the time (the exterior) but i can hear it. Honestly, from now on. That's a deal breaker for me. This new era of V6 hybrids has really brought that message home. They sound like souped up vacuum cleaners while the YouTube idiots try and tell you they sound good.....uh....we can hear them...duh. Anyway, I hope they don't screw it up like some other car company.......heehee

Darn Brian … I missed that opportunity at the Lake Louise stop on the way back ...
it is what happens when one is merely a navigator :Sorry: and doesn't get to mandate all the turns.
Pretty cool that you had that chat with him :thumbs:

What are the odds? Nice that you were able to chat with him! Sounds like you guys had a blast, sorry I couldn't make it, saw a few on my way home from Calgary, I was in the white 14 vert

Not saying what he told a few of us on the cruise.....

Ok, I will say a bit.... haha

he said he can't talk much.
He was on holidays and is from Michigan. Told him to go see Emerald lake. he said he could not get to Morraine Lake.... too busy.

What he hinted about the C8 Zora

About a $75,000 USD starting price.
Possible V8 and down the road a electric version
said it will be a 2020 model

he is part of the brake and chassis development. Said some neat parts.... mentioned one but can't remember it.

he said he could not really say more.

nice guy... thanked us at the end for buying a GM product.
B

Waa, 75k is a lot lower of a starting price than I was thinking. Thanks for sharing. Next time give him directions to Spence's house and we'll take it from there. :)

Waa, 75k is a lot lower of a starting price than I was thinking. Thanks for sharing. Next time give him directions to Spence's house and we'll take it from there. :)

Spence was leaving with Freda before us so I thought maybe they wanted to drive back themselves..... when we left I should have told spence we were stopping at that coffee place in lake louise ... I told Spence radio 6-0 then I thought s**t we are leaving now so radio won't work that far... haha .... the GM guy was on holidays.

I also had to leave fast as I hate bugs... I got into Edmonton ( my fav car wash ) with 20 minutes till my car/wand wash closed.... so I kinda wanted to get out of Emerald Lake to get going.

• Haha
Reactions: jonsim
What are the odds? Nice that you were able to chat with him! Sounds like you guys had a blast, sorry I couldn't make it, saw a few on my way home from Calgary, I was in the white 14 vert

I used your car wash.. yes, soap worked for a bit then I had my own to put on my expensive wash mitt.

I stopped 4-5 times to dry water from the car wash to Chevron.... dried inside of hood and door jams... did't see any water spots.

B

Reactions: Dantanman
$75K U.S. puts it at about $110K - $120K starting with no options (with standard Canadian surcharge...).....yep that's about right. My Z06 was $96K to start without options. By the time I added $32K in options it was at just under $130K before taxes, making it about $145K all in. I predicted the C8 to be about $150K and up.....yep...thats about right....

Reactions: Cruzin
$75K U.S. puts it at about $110K - $120K starting with no options (with standard Canadian surcharge...).....yep that's about right. My Z06 was $96K to start without options. By the time I added $32K in options it was at just under $130K before taxes, making it about $145K all in. I predicted the C8 to be about $150K and up.....yep...thats about right....

I was thinking much higher. In fact I expected it to be at zr1 pricing and up. Well hopefully I'm wrong. Just crossing fingers they don't mess up the first MY given they've not had much practice doing midengined equipment.

Reactions: flyboy999
I was thinking much higher. In fact I expected it to be at zr1 pricing and up. Well hopefully I'm wrong. Just crossing fingers they don't mess up the first MY given they've not had much practice doing midengined equipment.
I'm sure they will offer one in the +$200K range but i would expect the base model at about $150-175K.

Reactions: Nik

The guy seemed real decent... easy going..... not full of BS kinda a guy. I offered him the keys to my car for more info...... nope. :)

GM Trademarks the Mid-Engine Corvette Name of ZORA Across the World…Including China!

A dozen minutes spent looking up trademarks can go a long way. GM has trademarked ZORA, spelt (sic) in capital letters only, in a plethora of countries worldwide. The United States, United Kingdom, European Union, China, Japan, Korea, and Australia are the most notable countries/unions in which the trademark is registered.

Really not a huge fan of the C8.R sound. It’s not horrible, but just too European. Need that deep, V8 terror sound.

I’m surprised the engineer would know what the end cost is going to be. Usually they just keep those guys locked in a back room with a calculator. Must have been a pretty high up engineer to know that info. His name wasn’t Tadge was it? :rofl:

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.