Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
In the interest of avoiding clutter on the lead Cruise - Lets meet in the Middle... thread, and on the brilliant suggestion of Derek ( @ddgermann ), this will be the thread for information, suggestions and possibly some clutter as well for anyone interested in making Red Deer their kick off point for the Meet in the Middle cruise to Winnipeg, with the first leg on July 12 from Red Deer to Moose Jaw.

As Derek indicated, lodging in Moose Jaw is being investigated, insofar as picking a place to stay and discussing a block of rooms and possible discounts for those from all the kick off groups, who will be congregating in Moose Jaw. In addition, If there is enough interest in the upcoming months of people coming from afar to the Red Deer kick off who will be needing accommodation, lodging in Red Deer will be researched at such time.

At this point in time, Rick9456 and Kathy, RockyPM and Jo-Ann, and Brenda and myself have logged in to be part of the Red Deer group. Obviously I think everyone realizes that at this early stage of planning, anything could change in our individual circumstances so be assured that should you change your mind or cancellations be necessary, you will not be hunted down and flogged.

More to come for sure but if you are interested in a Red Deer start point with us, please make yourself known and we promise not to forget and leave without you. Or if you just have helpful related hints or tips regarding roads, towns, winning lotto numbers, etc.etc., please do chime in and discuss with us as well.

Thanks,
Eric

Ps. If anyone has any questions they would like to PM me with, please do. :canada:

DSCN9351.jpg

Last edited:
In the interest of avoiding clutter on the lead Cruise - Lets meet in the Middle... thread, and on the brilliant suggestion of Derek ( @ddgermann ), this will be the thread for information, suggestions and possibly some clutter as well for anyone interested in making Red Deer their kick off point for the Meet in the Middle cruise to Winnipeg, with the first leg on July 12 from Red Deer to Moose Jaw.

As Derek indicated, lodging in Moose Jaw is being investigated, insofar as picking a place to stay and discussing a block of rooms and possible discounts for those from all the kick off groups, who will be congregating in Moose Jaw. In addition, If there is enough interest in the upcoming months of people coming from afar to the Red Deer kick off who will be needing accommodation, lodging in Red Deer will be researched at such time.

At this point in time, Rick9456 and myself have logged in to be part of the Red Deer group. Obviously I think everyone realizes that at this early stage of planning, anything could change in our individual circumstances so be assured that should you change your mind or cancellations be necessary, you will not be hunted down and flogged.

More to come for sure but if you are interested in a Red Deer start point with us, please make yourself known and we promise not to forget and leave without you. Or if you just have helpful related hints or tips regarding roads, towns, winning lotto numbers, etc.etc., please do chime in and discuss with us as well.

Thanks,
Eric

View attachment 13865
What a great picture of the "Non car Club" cruising. Really like the last car:Hurray:

It is an awesome photo ... I don't think I was "CCF born" yet on that one ... or I missed seeing the "non-club newsletter" for it ... or o_O

BTW ... back on the rails for me ... and going without saying ... and with saying ... ease of cross-reference
the Cruise - LET'S MEET IN CALGARY on the way to the MIDDLE
will head Highway 1 to the East to meet up with this Group in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan :Hurray:

That was the LL cruise Spence. It was a tiny out of focus so I don't think it ever got posted..

Gotcha Paul. And then there were three.
I was going to dress the silver up a bit with a huge 1960's Cigar Smoking Woody Woodpecker Dennis but thought better of it at the last minute..... :rofl:

View attachment 13870
Appreciate the change of heart. All the pictures show a fun time.
I feel fortunate to be in them. :Laughingatyou:

At this point in time, Rick9456 and Kathy, RockyPM and Jo-Ann, and Brenda and myself have logged in to be part of the Red Deer group. Obviously I think everyone realizes that at this early stage of planning, anything could change in our individual circumstances so be assured that should you change your mind or cancellations be necessary, you will not be hunted down and flogged.

Thanks,
Eric

Ps. If anyone has any questions they would like to PM me with, please do. :canada:

View attachment 13873
I am considering the trip and would be interested in whether there are others from B.C. who are as well? My wife hates cars so probably would not be coming with me. Maybe, I could convince her as I think it would be an awesome trip and we lived in Winterpeg while she was going to school at the HSC for a year; and besides, it would be great to meet other corvette owners. What would be the total time frame etc.

I am considering the trip and would be interested in whether there are others from B.C. who are as well? My wife hates cars so probably would not be coming with me. Maybe, I could convince her as I think it would be an awesome trip and we lived in Winterpeg while she was going to school at the HSC for a year; and besides, it would be great to meet other corvette owners. What would be the total time frame etc.

Hi James..At this time, the only commitment from BC is @JamesP from Nakusp, although I expect as time goes on, there will be a lot more. That would be great to see you attend as well. There will be a lot of wives there to chat about everything EXCEPT cars if that makes any difference to yours... lol....

Reactions: ddgermann
I guess I'd better start a post here for a head count of Meet in the Middle participating members who want to join up with the group leaving on July 12 from Red Deer and back roading it somewhat.. (good roads and no gravel, but not the Trans Canada Hwy either).

At this point in time (and subject to change if conditions or majority rule dictates) the expected route will be Red Deer to Stettler (HWY 11), Stettler to Monitor (HWY12), Monitor to Oyen (HWY41), Oyen to Alsask (HWY 9), Alsask to Rosetown (HWY 7), Rosetown to Kenaston (HWY15), Kenaston to Chamberlain (HWY11), Chamberlain to Moose Jaw (HWY2). @RileyP is working on reservations at the Heritage Inn in Moose Jaw for us and that will come together soon. The other members from the west will also be converging on Moose Jaw and we will be leaving as a larger group from Moose Jaw to Winnipeg on the morning of July 13..

It appears an itinerary may also be of some value so I have edited one into this post. Here you go!

We will be meeting for bacon and eggers and coffee at the A & W , south Red Deer, west side of Gaetz/49th just east of London Drugs between 8:16 and 8:32.... (LMAO...ok ... that was a joke).... sometime after 8 so we can leave at 9:00. After that we have no schedule. We pee when we want, stretch when we want, eat when we want and get there when we get there. So far just the three of us (six counting our wives), but rumours of more.

a-w-jpg.14093

If you would like to look at the route map, here is a link.

Google Maps

And here is the list of members committed to the Red Deer Kick-off point so far:

1. Rruuff Day (me) (Eric and Brenda)
  2. Rick9456 (Rick and Kathy)
  3. RockyPM (Paul and Jo-Ann)
  4. Jeffer2013 (Jeff and Robin)

Please jump in by replying to this post or pm-ing me @Rruuff Day if you are interested in joining us.

Eric

Last edited:

James, what is there to consider? Gas up that beast, load up the iPod and head West buddy!

Will you guys be able to post a start location and time for this run out of Red Deer so I can get on the main event Page?

Looking forward the Moose Jaw hotel info too so I can add that also to the main event.

Thanks

Derek

not too early. wondering how the others from Edmonton are thinking. Jeff

Where are you starting from Jeff?
I have been sitting back to let the Red Deer and Calgary plans ramp up. But yes good question (I think it was a question)

Who plans on starting from Edmonton? Start an Edmonton thread anytime and we go from there.

D :thumbs:

Reactions: YFCvii
Will you guys be able to post a start location and time for this run out of Red Deer so I can get on the main event Page?

Looking forward the Moose Jaw hotel info too so I can add that also to the main event.

Thanks

Derek

Hey Derek. I have discussed this with Rick and Paul and we will be meeting for bacon and eggers and coffee at the A & W , south Red Deer, west side of Gaetz/49th just east of London Drugs between 8:16 and 8:32.... (LMAO...ok ... that was a joke).... sometime after 8 so we can leave at 9:00. After that we have no schedule. We pee when we want, stretch when we want, eat when we want and get there when we get there. So far just the three of us but rumours of more.

A & W.jpg

Ok Good stuff Eric,

I've added this information on the main event post (still in draft) along with the Moose Jaw stopover info from Riley. The event post should be out in the next few days. (I know I keep saying that.. lots of details are coming in now) :D

D

Reactions: Rick9456 and YFCvii
Onward and upward...or in this case...Eastward .... Riley has indicated he will be discussing a block of 20 rooms and the possibility of dedicated parking with the Heritage Inn for us soon. We will likely be joined by a number of Corvettes in Regina as we go by as well. He also recommends us stopping for lunch at the Red Barn in Moosomin which is almost exactly half way between Moose Jaw and Winnipeg, has a large and roomy parking area and he has vouched for the food. If the group gets out of Moose Jaw around 9:00am, that will put us in Moosomin at noon for lunch. with 3 hours or so from there to Winnipeg. Derek and I have discussed this and I've also asked Riley if he would be so kind as to touch base with the Red Barn insofar as not shocking the crap out of them when 40 to 50 people walk through the door.....lol.... 169 days to go.... :Cheers2:

Onward and upward...or in this case...Eastward .... Riley has indicated he will be discussing a block of 20 rooms and the possibility of dedicated parking with the Heritage Inn for us soon. We will likely be joined by a number of Corvettes in Regina as we go by as well. He also recommends us stopping for lunch at the Red Barn in Moosomin which is almost exactly half way between Moose Jaw and Winnipeg, has a large and roomy parking area and he has vouched for the food. If the group gets out of Moose Jaw around 9:00am, that will put us in Moosomin at noon for lunch. with 3 hours or so from there to Winnipeg. Derek and I have discussed this and I've also asked Riley if he would be so kind as to touch base with the Red Barn insofar as not shocking the crap out of them when 40 to 50 people walk through the door.....lol.... 169 days to go.... :Cheers2:

Awesome Eric/Riley
Great that we have a good Lunch stop on the Winnipeg Run.
Thinking another along the highway after the lunch stop for a (catch-up) and "stretch and relief" in Brandon.
Would there be "stretch and relief" between MooseJaw and Lunch? (if not just maybe the East side of Regina to meet the ones joining in)

Last edited:

Great stuff Eric and Riley.

I have added the reference to the Moosomin lunch stop on the way into Winnipeg on the Edmonton kick off tread as well. Hopefully Riley gets us free rolls and cheeze whiz. :Biggrin:

Awesome Eric/Riley
Great that we have a "stop where we want" for Lunch on the Winnipeg Run.
Thinking another along the highway after the lunch stop for a "stretch and relief" in Brandon.
Would there be "stretch and relief" between MooseJaw and Lunch? (if not just maybe the East side of Regina to meet the ones joining in)

Good thinking Spence as for sure we will need some pit stops along the way. I mentioned this in the Edmonton thread too. I'm glad I waited as you guys make it easy to just copy all the planning. Just have to change a few map coordinates. :thumbs:

Lots happening with the main event planning today as well. It's getting close to being released.

as you were....

Derek:WillyNilly:

Reactions: Rick9456
Awesome Eric/Riley
Great that we have a "stop where we want" for Lunch on the Winnipeg Run.
Thinking another along the highway after the lunch stop for a "stretch and relief" in Brandon.

Personally Spence, I am so easy it scares the hell out of me....This is not a poker run for me.... I will stop when I want a break and I expect anyone else to do the same.... so stopping and meeting the group in Regina for a "stretch and relief" is a definite yes... If we have a deadline, ....well.... we don't...:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread