Mar 19, 2016
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324, USA
VetteCoins
Car
1967 Coupe
On my '67 I've been focusing on getting all the rest of the paint off the body. I purchased a used hood from a swap meet that looked great except it was painted so it looked like the only extra work would be stripping the paint.

So far I hadn't had much problems getting the original paint off the other parts of the body (still working on some small hard to get areas).

Last week I started on the hood. It was painted white, both inside and top side. It turns out that there's 3 different colors on it. White on top, tan and then it looks like Marina Blue for the original color. It's been REALLY hard getting the Zip Strip to work on this dang thing, especially the underside due to all the bracing. I'm thinking taking it to have it media blasted, at least the inside might be the way to go but wondered if anyone has an experience with that method and if you can do that without hurting the fiberglass.

Thanks for the article Riley and I've been doing some research on the various Media that that is used. I'm reading Pros and Cons for all of the types but it seems like most of it comes down to the experience of the person doing the blasting. There's an outfit about 20 minutes away that does the plastic ball media and they advertise they can do Corvettes. I plan on taking the rear valence panel to him to see how that turns out. It's actually kind of flimsy once it's unbolted and has some damaged areas in it so if he ruins it, I've already been considering buying a replacement panel for it. I'll update this thread once I get it back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.