Jul 1, 2017
Edmonton
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
2017 3LZ Z06 Z07
Reactions
3,403 12 0
Wow a very specific post on just what the C8 will be, powered by and branded.

The comments are mixed over there as expected but many are onboard with this as a distinct possible scenario.

Good read over all. 👍

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
HOT Dealer
Aug 30, 2014
Pine Lake, Alberta
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Reactions
4,495 9 0

Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
Best answers
VetteCoins
Reactions
282 1 0
Keith Corvette aka CorvetteBlogger has his handle on the Corvette world. I go to that site every day, sometimes more than once.

Jeremiad

Regular
C6 Owner
May 19, 2016
Airdrie
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z51
Reactions
546 9 0
I am of the belief that Corvette has always been it's own brand. Now, I wasn't alive when it was first launched so I really don't know how it was marketed in the first 25 years or so, but I have never seen a commercial or advertisement that said Chevrolet Corvette. It is always simply, Corvette. My car doesn't say Chevrolet on it anywhere. If you look really hard with a bright light through the tinted emblems, you will see a tiny bowtie, and that is it. I can't think of any Corvettes of any generation that are any different.

flyboy999

Regular
C7 Owner
Dec 3, 2014
Meadow Lake/Lions Bay
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06/07 & ViperGTS
Reactions
223 2 0
I am of the belief that Corvette has always been it's own brand. Now, I wasn't alive when it was first launched so I really don't know how it was marketed in the first 25 years or so, but I have never seen a commercial or advertisement that said Chevrolet Corvette. It is always simply, Corvette. My car doesn't say Chevrolet on it anywhere. If you look really hard with a bright light through the tinted emblems, you will see a tiny bowtie, and that is it. I can't think of any Corvettes of any generation that are any different.
I agree. My GM dealership down the street isn't authorized to do warranty work on my Corvette. Period. They won't touch it. I have to drive the car 300 km to Saskatoon to get work done......good excuse eh?? ;) The "Corvette" brand is clearly set apart from GM.

Anyway, I read the post, and it appears to be quite credible in its delivery and content. I suppose people with nothing better to do could fabricate all of the details etc., but the writer strikes me as someone who has better things to do...... I found it interesting that there was no mention of the "Zora" moniker we've heard so much about.......hmmmm.....interesting. I believe the C8 will be good right out of the box, but as the writer indicates, the best stuff will happen a couple/few years from now, which is consistent with other generations, and doesn't come as a surprise.

The L.A. autoshow is underway, and I have yet to see any "hints"................ I guess we'll all see what happens January 14th, 2019. It's not far off now......

AxeZ06

Casual User
C7 Owner
HOT Dealer
Sep 2, 2018
Hamilton
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06 Z07 3LZ
Reactions
84 0 0
The Chicago auto show unveiling is the latest rumour.
That's in Feb.
If it does make the Detroit show, I'll go for sure.

SN-III

Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
HOT Dealer
Oct 10, 2016
YYC - alBEERta
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
His & Hers C7s
Reactions
4,200 25 0
I like the write up. Well done and believable. Believable enough to gain increased interest that’s for sure.
As far as the unveiling, GM / Corvette better do better than how they did the C7 ZR1.
Unveiled in the MidEast and a no-Show at the majority of NA Autoshows.
That followed by terrible sales availability ... fool me once GM ... that’s all I gotta say ...

Last edited:

Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
Best answers
VetteCoins
Reactions
282 1 0
This sure is not like the C7’s pre-reveal tease process. That is not unexpected as there is a completely new marketing team behind the C8’s reveal. But please GM, give us something for the Christmas/New Year’s Holidays.

BDK

Regular
C6 Owner
Nov 19, 2016
Rosthern Saskatchewan
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Convertible
Reactions
75 0 0
I agree. My GM dealership down the street isn't authorized to do warranty work on my Corvette. Period. They won't touch it. I have to drive the car 300 km to Saskatoon to get work done......good excuse eh?? ;) The "Corvette" brand is clearly set apart from GM.

Anyway, I read the post, and it appears to be quite credible in its delivery and content. I suppose people with nothing better to do could fabricate all of the details etc., but the writer strikes me as someone who has better things to do...... I found it interesting that there was no mention of the "Zora" moniker we've heard so much about.......hmmmm.....interesting. I believe the C8 will be good right out of the box, but as the writer indicates, the best stuff will happen a couple/few years from now, which is consistent with other generations, and doesn't come as a surprise.

The L.A. autoshow is underway, and I have yet to see any "hints"................ I guess we'll all see what happens January 14th, 2019. It's not far off now......

Aside .. I have been told that mechanics have to take special training to work on Corvettes. If the dealership doesn't have trained mechanics they can't even sell Corvettes...

flyboy999

Regular
C7 Owner
Dec 3, 2014
Meadow Lake/Lions Bay
Best answers
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06/07 & ViperGTS
Reactions
223 2 0
That's true. You have to be a Corvette tech. I like the sounds of how GM won't allow dealers to sell the C8 unless they qualify. This has been the biggest problem with Viper ownership. Dodge makes a super cool exotic car and no one knows how to work on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)