This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Maple Syrup

Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
I don't know if any of you guys boil syrup but this appears to be a perfect season. Up into the low 40s during the day and well below freezing at night is perfect as a rule for good running sap. Last year it turned too mild and stayed mild. The sap only ran for a short time. Hopefully the guys have a good harvest this year.

Last edited:
Just bought me some good ol' Maple syrup from Costco the other day! I hope the harvest goes well as pancakes would never be the same without it!

Looking forward to it Keith. As you say last year was not a good season and pushed prices way up.
This year looks good. I'm hoping to get some from a Quebec supplier again this year.

C.

Looking forward to it Keith. As you say last year was not a good season and pushed prices way up.
This year looks good. I'm hoping to get some from a Quebec supplier again this year.

C.

No need to get it from Quebec Colin; we have some of the best Maple Syrup producers right here in Grey and Bruce Counties. There's a quaint little festival every spring in the village of Purple Valley just north of Wiarton. Purple Valley Maple Syrup Festival | Events in Bruce County - Explore The Bruce - Bruce County
Lot's of trees in the area being tapped now I've noticed. The nights here have been pretty cold; let's hope for a good harvest.

Let me explain Greg: I get the syrup as a gift from my brother who has ties to someone in Quebec.
It's good stuff but I can believe that Ontario syrup is equally good or better.

This year is looking very good for an excellent harvest.

Thanks for the link btw -- love the Bruce -- nice people, great scenery, terrific place to vaca.

C.