Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
Well here they all are to compare.
Not apples to apples exactly but a good view of how these all look and the characteristics side by side. Seems the CVT here is really in a slow car. My last 2 snowmobiles and my current 1000 RZR will eat this car šŸ˜‚
Anybody ever have or drive a DCT or CVT in a car?
What cars were these with the Auto, DCT and CVT. Anyone recognize them?
Think we will all know the Manual. Man it rocks. The DCT really pulls up the speed quick though. I would have to say far
smoother and likely slightly quicker too.

What do you cats think?

I actually found a bit of an explanation and what not to do on all these transmissions from John the Aussie automotive engineer.
This dude just tells it like it is. Gotta love John.
What I did find interesting in the ā€œhow to wreck itā€ part on the manual, was dropping the clutch was of no concern to him. Yay. šŸ˜

Well here they all are to compare.
Not apples to apples exactly but a good view of how these all look and the characteristics side by side. Seems the CVT here is really in a slow car. My last 2 snowmobiles and my current 1000 RZR will eat this car šŸ˜‚
Anybody ever have or drive a DCT or CVT in a car?
What cars were these with the Auto, DCT and CVT. Anyone recognize them?
Think we will all know the Manual. Man it rocks. The DCT really pulls up the speed quick though. I would have to say far
smoother and likely slightly quicker too.

What do you cats think?

Hey Derek, I have a CVT in my 16 Honda HRV and she is a real tire fryer! They are not a fast transmission option to the best of my knowledge, but more of a fuel economy option. I think she will do low 20's in the 1/4. Definitely a very smooth transmission however.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread