XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
Perhaps not everyone here remembers of even heard of some of the concept cars that Corvette built which shaped their legend . To me the C3 era speaks Corvette the loudest and is the most recognizable when seen on the road. The 65 Mako Shark was awesome , just the name was exciting , then in 69 they redid the car and called it the Manta Ray, another name that just had class . The flip up mirrored brake light doors were just awesome , wish I could do that to my car ( see the video ) , the deep rumble of the side pipes told you there was something tied down under the hood that no man has ever seen on the street. The 50th anniversary and 2016 Transformer cars should of been put into production as they are gorgeous body styles, far better than what the C8 is to be my opinion. Anyways here's a few pics of what I think are the nicest Corvettes that shaped the legend. Alot more info on them is out there if you google.

Mako Shark Concept
1963 Mako Shark I Concept
Overview Manufacturer Chevrolet (General Motors)Designer GM Styling & Design
Bill Mitchell
Larry ShinodaBody and chassis Class Sports carBody style 2-door convertibleRelated Chevrolet Corvette C2
Chevrolet Corvette C3
(Mako Shark II)

The XP-755 concept car, also known as the Mako Shark, was designed by Larry Shinoda under the direction of General Motors Styling and Design head Bill Mitchell in 1961, as a concept for future Chevrolet Corvette production cars. In keeping with the name, the streamlining, pointed snout, and other detailing was partly inspired by the sleek, fast-moving shortfin mako shark. The '61 Corvette tail was given two additional tail lights (six total) for the concept car. The concept was inspired by Bill Mitchell's 1959 Stingray racer XP87 which also inspired the 1963 Corvette Sting Ray.

1961-Chevrolet-Mako-Shark-Corvette-Concept-SA-Top-1280x960.jpg

65_Mako_Shark.jpg

GM_Heritage_Center_-_082_-_Corvette_-_Mako_Shark_-_Interior.jpg

1280px-Manta_Ray.jpg

1280px-Manta_Ray_interior.jpg

50th-anniversary-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-concept-new-photos-12681_2.jpg

2009_Chevrolet_Corvette_Stingray_Concept.JPG

Chevy_Corvette_Stingray_Prototype.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread