The set that's on my car have alot of chips and gouges, worse on the front....I wouldn't mind being able to find another set in decent shape.. Thing is, there don't seem to be many cars around with them.

Are magnesium wheels that came on some C5 corvettes as a $3000 option still worth anything?
I suspect those wheels are still worth $1000-$1500 in reasonable condition. We have several auto wrecker yards in Southern Ontario who have gone into the business of refinishing alloy wheels for$600 to $800 so it might be worth phoning around to some in your area. I find used ones are usually as bad or worse than what I already have. Cheers and good luck.

Thanks all, I have them on my 99 vert, and they are in really good shape, a few little scuffs but really nothing I can not touch up. Was thinking of going to ZR black rims to offset the colour of the car or chrome, but have gotten use to the magnesium ones I have on now. I read some where the United States models had them as the $3000 option, but I do not know if they came with that option in Canada. I need new rubber so was thinking of going 18 on the fronts, 19 on the back, and buying rims and tires all together to simplify things.

If someone lived close to me, I have a set of polished C6, about 2006, wheels and tires, 18's and 19's. Rears look good. Fronts have the typical inboard tread wear. I went with chromed C6 wheels when buying new tires and had the front wheels zero cambered. It seems to have cured the typical inboard tread wear and drives just as well.

Hey Ole Yeller, I'm looking for a set of chromed spoked rims with tires on preferably, and if I find a deal somewhere, would you be interested in the magnesium rims on my 99 vert? there in really good shape , just a few areas where the paint has chipped a bit, nothing that can not be touched up. Tires are about 3/32, 17 front 18 back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread