I have 3 data points to compare...

1. I had a C6 Z06 without mag-ride. I didn't know what I was missing, but I knew that driving on the streets of downtown Toronto was rough at times. On 90% of streets, it felt fine.

2. On my last Porsche, I checked the adjustable shock settings feature (PASM), which provides 3 different settings for stiffness. I nearly always drove with the middle setting engaged, but it was really nice to push a button going through the twisties and feel the car STICK to the road like glue. On bumpy roads, the car could soften things up in less than a second.

3. I checked the mag ride option on my C8, and zero regrets after delivery. It's fair to say that I use this option on every drive.

People buy these cars for different reasons and value different driving characteristics. When I was building my car, I wanted every option that contributed to performance driving (Z51, mag ride, comp seats). I have other cars that I drive more civilized, but I did not want to compromise with the C8.

Hitting an on-ramp hard, the car feels completely different with mag ride engaged. For those of you who are familiar with the DVP and the Lawrence ramps clover, I have spent years playing with bikes and cars on that circuit to compare how things feel. The C8 is very well balanced and settles very quickly after you mash on the brakes coming into the turn with mag ride fully engaged. When mag ride is on the softest setting, the car is not as responsive to settle and just isn't as confident carrying speed through the turn.

IMO, if you like hooliganism once in a while and making your passenger's feet sweat, then yea, Magride is a great box to check. If that's not your thing, and you're looking to build a car to cruise in and save a couple bucks, you can skip it.

I have deposits on 2 C8s...Magride is something I will order on both.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.