Casual User
May 26, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2002 Z06
Province
ON
Hey all-

Just ordered some FR-22 wheels in gloss black for my C5Z and wondering if anyone else has these and what type lugs/locks did you use? I want to use gloss black lugs but the hole where the lug sits has a machined face at the bottom and a bit of the machined edge is slightly noticeable when the lug sits on it. Want to keep the machined face completely hidden. spec is 12x1.5

Do these wheels work with factory wheel nuts? The 60 degree taper on the wheel where the nuts go is usually machined and not painted or powdercoated over so that the wheel nut when you tighten it clamps directly onto the raw alum. finish of the wheel otherwise you are not getting a properly tightened wheel to the car and can come loose.

Some wheel nuts have a large 60 degree taper surface, other wheel nuts not so much. You usually can't go wrong getting wheel nuts from either Mcgard or Gorilla.

Do these wheels work with factory wheel nuts? The 60 degree taper on the wheel where the nuts go is usually machined and not painted or powdercoated over so that the wheel nut when you tighten it clamps directly onto the raw alum. finish of the wheel otherwise you are not getting a properly tightened wheel to the car and can come loose.

Some wheel nuts have a large 60 degree taper surface, other wheel nuts not so much. You usually can't go wrong getting wheel nuts from either Mcgard or Gorilla.
I might try a Bulge Acorn style lug to see if this little wider profile does the trick. Both Gorilla and Mcgard offer them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.