Dec 28, 2013
Newfoundland
VetteCoins
Car
2014 z51
Hey guys. well its been a long time coming but we are finally moving forward with the build. should be in the car before September. Last year we done a mild heads and cam package on my ls2 and laid down 486 rwhp which was ok. this quickly became boring. so after some long discussions with various vendors I opted for the A&A ysi 10 rib kit from josh at A&A. I'll list the parts below. if anyones got any advice feel free to chime in. hoping to hit 900 rwhp or close to it.

SUPERCHARGER KIT
A&A ls2 10 rib ysi kit with 3.0 pulley and 2.75. going to run the 3.0 this year.
Billet Heavy duty auto tensioner
A&A stage 2 fuel system
A&A second drive with dedicated belt for blower
Innovators west 10% overdrive balancer 8"
Alky control twin nozzle straight meth kit
52mm blow off valve
92# injectors at 4 bar

ENGINE MODS
Fast 102 this is coming off Less then 1500 kms on it $900 if anyone wants it.
all new valve train including timing chain.
Inconel high temp valves
Scoggin dickey stage 2 cnc ported and polished 243 cylinder heads
cam is 231/239.617/.624 113 lsa.
160 stat
kooks 1 3/4 long tube headers with offroad x pipe
corsa sports exhaust
K&N cold air intake also up for sale $350 takes it.
forged 402 stroker kit with wiseco pistons. compression will be bumped to 9.5 to 1
crank rated for 1500 hp
block will be line honed
Fully race balanced rotating assembly
ARP head and main studs
Cometic gaskets and king bearings
RXT twin clutch
Tick adjustable clutch master cylinder
new slave cylinder and throw out bearing

So guys that's the list. I've been told this is a pretty safe setup and should be laying down around 850 rwhp. that's fine for this year. Next year once we do a few drivetrain upgrades ill put on the 2.75 and spin the blower harder. so what do you guys think???

Hoooooooooooooly Craaaaaaaaaap! Sounds like a wicked build! I think the only item you missed would be a 6 pack of new underwear! :D...... Or at least that is what I would need with that much power....

Can't wait to see your build!

Hey guys. well its been a long time coming but we are finally moving forward with the build. should be in the car before September. Last year we done a mild heads and cam package on my ls2 and laid down 486 rwhp which was ok. this quickly became boring. so after some long discussions with various vendors I opted for the A&A ysi 10 rib kit from josh at A&A. I'll list the parts below. if anyones got any advice feel free to chime in. hoping to hit 900 rwhp or close to it.

SUPERCHARGER KIT
A&A ls2 10 rib ysi kit with 3.0 pulley and 2.75. going to run the 3.0 this year.
Billet Heavy duty auto tensioner
A&A stage 2 fuel system
A&A second drive with dedicated belt for blower
Innovators west 10% overdrive balancer 8"
Alky control twin nozzle straight meth kit
52mm blow off valve
92# injectors at 4 bar

ENGINE MODS
Fast 102 this is coming off Less then 1500 kms on it $900 if anyone wants it.
all new valve train including timing chain.
Inconel high temp valves
Scoggin dickey stage 2 cnc ported and polished 243 cylinder heads
cam is 231/239.617/.624 113 lsa.
160 stat
kooks 1 3/4 long tube headers with offroad x pipe
corsa sports exhaust
K&N cold air intake also up for sale $350 takes it.
forged 402 stroker kit with wiseco pistons. compression will be bumped to 9.5 to 1
crank rated for 1500 hp
block will be line honed
Fully race balanced rotating assembly
ARP head and main studs
Cometic gaskets and king bearings
RXT twin clutch
Tick adjustable clutch master cylinder
new slave cylinder and throw out bearing

So guys that's the list. I've been told this is a pretty safe setup and should be laying down around 850 rwhp. that's fine for this year. Next year once we do a few drivetrain upgrades ill put on the 2.75 and spin the blower harder. so what do you guys think???

Looks like a solid build. Couple of things stick out, that cam doesn't look too supercharger friendly, it's an NA cam by the looks of it. Not a huge deal, you'll make more power down low, you'll lose some boost (not necessarily a bad thing) but it will tail off and lose out at the top end pretty quickly to a blower cam or a custom cam with no overlap, much wider separation and longer duration split. Those headers will be restrictive also.

I'll sub to this thread as I'm very curious. All the best with this.

Looks like a solid build. Couple of things stick out, that cam doesn't look too supercharger friendly, it's an NA cam by the looks of it. Not a huge deal, you'll make more power down low, you'll lose some boost (not necessarily a bad thing) but it will tail off and lose out at the top end pretty quickly to a blower cam or a custom cam with no overlap, much wider separation and longer duration split. Those headers will be restrictive also.

I'll sub to this thread as I'm very curious. All the best with this.
hey bud frgot to post up but I stuck with the cam and was quite happy with the results.. with 16 degrees total timing we managed to pull 926 rwhp out of it. gonna do a velocity stack and c16 tune next spring and aim for 1000+ rwhp. car is a handful now to say the least but I love it. Arun ahuja keeps showing his talents as the best tuner in Canada and one of the best in North America!!!!

Reactions: nascar03
hey bud frgot to post up but I stuck with the cam and was quite happy with the results.. with 16 degrees total timing we managed to pull 926 rwhp out of it. gonna do a velocity stack and c16 tune next spring and aim for 1000+ rwhp. car is a handful now to say the least but I love it. Arun ahuja keeps showing his talents as the best tuner in Canada and one of the best in North America!!!!

Glad to hear you got it up and running. Posts some vids or charts.

Wowser.... St. John's to Corner Brook in 8.42 ..... I damn near need new underwear just reading about it..... Would also love to see some video.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread