Sep 13, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
▶ $ICAMOU$ ◀
Province
BC
To: Chevrolet Dealers

Subject
: 2020MY Corvette Orders with LPO Accessory Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects (5VM)

You are receiving this message because you created/submitted at least one 2020MY Corvette order with the Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects LPO option (5VM). This includes Stock (TRE) and Sold (SRE) Dealer order types.

Due to an inadequate supply of parts, it was necessary to remove the Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects (5VM) option from your order(s). At this point in time, we anticipate this accessory will remain restricted from LPO ordering for the remainder of the 2020MY. Further Dealer and customer communications will be forthcoming once this supply issue has been resolved.
GM Accessories

Capture.PNG
screenshot_2020_01_31_16_42_07_aa89aecc201a245e44bf6ae60e97429c89aab27f.png

Last edited:
Are ACS spliiter and side skirts and/or rocker extensions easy to put on, or will it require a visit to shop to do it right?

They were easy to put on my C7 after I got over the fear factor...lol... . I'm not an expert but have decent hand skills and know the value of measuring twice and cutting (or in this case drilling) once. .... Drilling the first hole in your new Corvette is really hard.... Took me 2 hours to install the first side rocker.....20 minutes for the other side... lol... The splitter was easy. Get a short head right angle drill... really helps unless you have a lift. My air riveter really came in handy too. A set of A clamps to hold it in place once you get it positioned is paramount as well. Not sure if the C8 will be similar or not but ACS has good instructions and video.... at least for the C7 they did...

Reactions: Gilles27
To: Chevrolet Dealers

Subject
: 2020MY Corvette Orders with LPO Accessory Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects (5VM)

You are receiving this message because you created/submitted at least one 2020MY Corvette order with the Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects LPO option (5VM). This includes Stock (TRE) and Sold (SRE) Dealer order types.

Due to an inadequate supply of parts, it was necessary to remove the Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects (5VM) option from your order(s). At this point in time, we anticipate this accessory will remain restricted from LPO ordering for the remainder of the 2020MY. Further Dealer and customer communications will be forthcoming once this supply issue has been resolved.
GM Accessories

View attachment 35759

This would be a deal-breaker for me. However, for my current car, beyond what was factory available I have bought some good stuff from Corvette Mods and other places directly. From what I read and hear ACS has some great stuff as well. Definitely, from my experience, the aftermarket price is much better but be careful as some parts are hydro and not 100% carbon fiber. I have had some carbon fiber installed and some I did myself. For me, it depended on how much disassembly or custom fitting was involved. But as I went through the process of installing carbon fiber on 2 C7 Zs it became clear almost everything can be done yourself with some patience, the right tools and of course plenty of Jack Daniels.

This would be a deal-breaker for me. However, for my current car, beyond what was factory available I have bought some good stuff from Corvette Mods and other places directly. From what I read and hear ACS has some great stuff as well. Definitely, from my experience, the aftermarket price is much better but be careful as some parts are hydro and not 100% carbon fiber. I have had some carbon fiber installed and some I did myself. For me, it depended on how much disassembly or custom fitting was involved. But as I went through the process of installing carbon fiber on 2 C7 Zs it became clear almost everything can be done yourself with some patience, the right tools and of course plenty of Jack Daniels.
Im a tequila guy and how did the side rocker get attached to my rear wing ..I'll never know hahahahhaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread