I have been reading quite a few post about scraping the front splitter and if the Z51 package it worth the $5900, I'm actually planning on lowering mine to get rid of some of that gap between the tire and fender when I get it with the luxury of easily doing it as another benefit of the Z51 only. As for optioning my car it was the only box I ticked if for no other reason than having the best brakes you can get with a car could be that 10 feet shorter stopping distance that saves your life.

Anyone else panning to lower their car?

The Z51 on the C8 will have an ride adjustable coilover suspension, you can move the perch where the spring rests to change the ride height.
The non Z51 cars will probably require shorter springs to reduce ride height since the lower perch won't be adjustable.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-a-detaile...ssi-1836540969

c8suspension1_44c9516e41089953b96d421b4af3a0a7a580cfd7.jpg

I'm not getting one, but if I were, I would lower it as far as it could go, #becauseracecar
Read that it can be lowered 1.57" with Z51, I'm going to start somewhere between .75" and 1" and go from there.

Attachments

• 2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-lowered-on-volk-t37-wheels-looks-fresh-136089_1.jpg
    2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-lowered-on-volk-t37-wheels-looks-fresh-136089_1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Wow
Reactions: OttawaKev and ccltj
I have been reading quite a few post about scraping the front splitter and if the Z51 package it worth the $5900, I'm actually planning on lowering mine to get rid of some of that gap between the tire and fender when I get it with the luxury of easily doing it as another benefit of the Z51 only. As for optioning my car it was the only box I ticked if for no other reason than having the best brakes you can get with a car could be that 10 feet shorter stopping distance that saves your life.

The Z51 on the C8 will have an ride adjustable coilover suspension, you can move the perch where the spring rests to change the ride height.
The non Z51 cars will probably require shorter springs to reduce ride height since the lower perch won't be adjustable.

OK, so with the Z51 package you can adjusted the height of the car ? do you need the magnetic ride ? sorry about the question it will be my first corvette, thanks

Reactions: Gilles27
I would lower mine a bit to get rid of the wheel gap. Nothing too drastic, I'm too old to be inconvenienced by scraping everywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread