I lowered my 66 convertible 2 inches front and rear in the following way:
Front, I used 79 gymkanna front coil springs and hacksawed off one full coil.
Rear replaced the spring bolts with grade 8 bolts 8 inches long and replaced the rear spring with a mono-leaf composite. I also used washers on the bolts with nilock nuts and deleted the rubber cushions.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks Patrick I will cut my existing springs and go with the 8" bolts and leave rear spring as is and give this a try first as I only drive it 500/600 miles yearly. Do you know if there are any videos showing how to do these mods.

I did those modifications back in the early 80"s. I don't know of any specific videos. There must be some on u-tube about remove and replace front and rear springs on a c2 or c3.

With cut springs did you notice any difference in ride? Car would need an alignment correct?
Yes cutting a coil off increases the spring rate so the ride is slightly stiffened. And yes the lowering will effect camber, caster and toe in so an alignment is in order. I do not recommend heating the spring as suggested in another post, it is harder to get equal results side to side and can ruin the spring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread