2006 c6z
Province
ON
Free mod

Attachments

• iOS Image - 4203851057.jpg
    iOS Image - 4203851057.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 128
Not sure trying to find out only dropped 1/2 inch up front and 1/4 in rear some people say you do and others most say no so I don’t know if I do I’ll put it back because the amount it dropped ain’t worth it if it requires an alignment

That is a mild drop. I often think of doing it to reduce the wheel gap but undecided if I want to play around with the suspension Geometry.

My other Summer Car is on Coilovers but I also had to purchase aftermarket 3pc per side Rear Camber Kit to get it back to spec. Drove it one season out of Spec and that was a expensive decision since I had to replace all 4 Tires due to Camber wear.

Oh, love the Garage!!

lol.... was just going to mention alignment and a camber and caster check would be a good idea regardless. Burned the fronts off my C6 due to aggressive factory camber set up. Had my C7 dialed back before it left the showroom.

Not sure trying to find out only dropped 1/2 inch up front and 1/4 in rear some people say you do and others most say no so I don’t know if I do I’ll put it back because the amount it dropped ain’t worth it if it requires an alignment

I remember a couple of threads on this subject. The specs for how low and when/what realignment is necessary was in there. There was some really good information actually. Seems you could go quite low on the stock bolts and the aftermarket stuff was discussed as well.

Might help you out somewhat.

I will look around as I really have nothing else to do, but if anybody remembers or knows these old thread/s splash up a link please. Then I can go back to my focus on rerun hockey and drinking.

Here is one...

Maybe not a techy as I remembered but does give some experience.

I'm sure the gang will chime in and offer some experience as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Lowering the car, in my opinion, does make the car look better. And yes, I would recommend getting an alignment, I did. And as a fyi, I have yet to have a problem with the front front splitter after having lowered the car.

Really good to know Paul as I am having issues pulling out of some parking lots onto main streets due to the front dragging a bit. I would love to lower mine and don't think 1/2 inch in the front would make a lot of difference.

Mine is just shy of 3/4" both front and rear. I would have liked to go lower but dont want to chance it. You will notice a difference if you have a stock vs lowered C7 side by side. But driving down the street most wont notice. Well on a different note, I was admitted to hospital yesterday for Covid related issues. My result will be in tmrw. All they can confirm for the moment is that my blood is under attack. I'll fight this off I'm confident!!

Mine is just shy of 3/4" both front and rear. I would have liked to go lower but dont want to chance it. You will notice a difference if you have a stock vs lowered C7 side by side. But driving down the street most wont notice. Well on a different note, I was admitted to hospital yesterday for Covid related issues. My result will be in tmrw. All they can confirm for the moment is that my blood is under attack. I'll fight this off I'm confident!!

Praying for negative results

Paul, hopefully will be a quick recovery.
I had the LG GT2 coilovers installed on my C7. Lowered the car almost 1 inch. No issues with scraping and alignment. The car does ride a bit stiffer but stays flat when cornering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread