Featured Thread
Aug 4, 2020
Brooklin
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette
Province
ON
Lowered it all the way on the factory Z51 coil overs. My tech said it was easy. Only 1.5 hours.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 188470295.jpg
    iOS Image - 188470295.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
Looks great. What is the clearance from the center tip of the front splitter to the pavement?
Looks like about 1.5 inches lower?
I would say so. Even though most people say the max is .75 with the stock Z51 suspension. Looks lower than that to me.

Before

before.jpg

After

lowered.jpg

Last edited:
I was comparing it to mine which I guess is wrong since I'm not a Z51
Oh you're one of THOSE guys! ;)

FYI: even though he doesn't know it yet, Murray and I have formed the Non-Z51 C8 Club (aka: "NZC8C") and on behalf of our small but defiantly proud NZC8C membership, I must say I take issue with your comment SebringC8. In the words of Captain Woodrow F. Call of Lonesome Dove:

“I hate rude behavior in a man. I won’t tolerate it.”

So what's it to be: pistols at dawn? :Mad5::Nono1::Mad5:

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
FYI: even though he doesn't know it yet, Murray and I have formed the Non-Z51 C8 Club (aka: "NZC8C") and on behalf of our small but defiantly proud NZC8C membership, I must say I take issue with your comment SebringC8. In the words of Captain Woodrow F. Call of Lonesome Dove:

“I hate rude behavior in a man. I won’t tolerate it.”

So what's it to be: pistols at dawn? :Mad5::Nono1::Mad5:
We have prettier cars! 👍

Does anyone know the correct tire size for a 20”FRONT 21” REAR, setup?
Google it.

Car looks good lowered. Can you take a shot from more of a ground perspective?

I work at an Audi dealership so I had this done for free by one of the techs who I'm friends with.

He did not take out the fender liners or unbolt the control arms as I've seen in most videos. He also did not use a spring compressor.

He basically used heavy strength zip ties to take the tension off of the springs so he could then adjust the collars.

He was done all 4 in about 1.5 hours.

I had him lower it as much as the factory adjustments would allow.

When it first came down from the hoist and we drove it around the block I would say the fender gap was about 2 fingers.

Now that I've driven it home and back to work it has settled even more and I can barely get one finger in.

The highway ride has not changed at all. Its just as comfortable as it was before the lowering.

I would say that city driving over large bumps feels a little more stiff but not as bad as many of the cars I've lowered in the past.

Reactions: wrxninja
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.