Casual User
Sep 18, 2017
Amherstview
VetteCoins
Car
2024 Corvette
Province
ON
I was thinking of lowering my 2009. Was thinking about an inch or so just enough to get rid of the gap over the tires. Anybody done that and had issues? I know I will need an alignment and have to trim the skirt in the front but other than that. I hear the after market bolts are weak and to modify the stock one instead.

it's too bad that gap has your attention ...
I actually like the C6 stature and stock appeal just the way they are & when they roll on our cruises.
IMG_0248.jpeg

... as you are "thinking" ... the above is just my nice way of saying,
and especially if you lived in Calgary ... "don't do it !" ... Scrape City :Banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: vintageracer
Reducing height by an inch should make the car look mean, but if you love NOT clearing driveways and speed bumps not to mention Hotel garage entrances etc go for it. However if it is going to be raced only go for it. If it is a street car I would leave alone, I have a 08 z51 and it still in stock forum I have to be careful in certain every day scenarios.

I wouldn't bother with a street car, unless you don't drive a lot, or the whole Stance Nation thing of reducing the wheel gap is more important that driveability, because having to be careful at every speed bump, ramp, dip, and pulling up to curbs and blocks when parking can be a pain. I find I already have to do that with mine at stock height, I usually scrap going in and out of my driveway, and I scrape worse backing into the driveway.

I guess if you trim the front air dam, it will help with the scraping, but the point of the front air dam is to improve aerodynamics and cooling. Since the car can be lowered simply by turning the bolts on the leaf springs, the nice thing is if you are having issues after, it's really easy to go back to stock or somewhere in between.

it's too bad that gap has your attention ...
I actually like the C6 stature and stock appeal just the way they are & when they roll on our cruises.
View attachment 20212
... as you are "thinking" ... the above is just my nice way of saying,
and especially if you lived in Calgary ... "don't do it !" ... Scrape City :Banghead:
Gotta tell ya lowered mine only 1/2" only took one summer and had to replace spoiler on the front. Not worth it and it
doesn't do any good. Just Saying

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
At stock ride height and being careful, the front air foil still does its share of scraping. On level ground there is less than three inches of clearance under the air dam as is. A friend bought a 2006 that had been lowered and he wasn't long raising it back up. The scraping gets old and annoying pretty quickly and suddenly the stock ride height looks pretty good. Back in the old musclecar era, there was a time when guys were jacking their cars to the top of the suspension travel and that caused them no end of grief. Poor ride, poor handling and, if you had any amount of horsepower, no end of wheel hop that broke things. I don't mess with what works.

Attachments

• Our Corvette Side View In Field (2).JPG
    Our Corvette Side View In Field (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Here's mine. It's a 2008 z51. I installed the Eibach lowering bolts/pads and have them on the lowest setting. The front spoiler/airdam does sometime rub going in and out of driveways, but the car looks way too good to switch back to stock height.

Attachments

• 20180523_092037.jpg
    20180523_092037.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180523_092853.jpg
    20180523_092853.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 32
I have installed lowering bolts on my 2008 c6 convertable. They are adjustable, so you can play with height according to circumstances or
liking. Personally think wheel well gap to big if left stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.