That's a new one. Typically the oil pressure sending unit goes and displays no oil pressure. Mine did this but started going between max pressure and zero, which was annoying as it would ding every time it dropped to zero.
I would clean the grounds on the car first, and if it continues, look at replacing the oil level sensor. Sometimes a low battery can cause electrical issues on our C5's.
Try cleaning the grounds first and let us know if this helps or if the problem persists.

Reactions: ddgermann
It never ceases to amaze me that we need to constantly be looking at electrical issues to solve problems. You may be on to something Riley..

Jvette hope you will keep us posted on what you find, we all hope it is something simple.

I have the manuals for an 03 so if it might help just let me know what you want looked up.

Best of luck with it.

Reactions: ddgermann
On the right side of oil pan, there is a ''engine oil level sensor'' there is a black and a brown wire. Try to disconect the switch and see if the message change, if not, you can jump the 2 wires, If it work, your switch is probably defective. Oil will leak when you will pull the switch off so drain some oil or match the repair with an oil change

Good luck

Stephane

went to dealer,
did diagnostic...no issues
checked oil level..not much missing
they said maybe inter oil burning
did a oil change ..low oil disappeared
curious about this internal oil burning..i haven t seen any signs of oil burning...

sorry not sure what a catch can...i see no oil on my floor...

In brief jvette, a catch can is an aftermarket can installed somewhere inline on the PCV return line and like it's name. It catches small amounts of residue crankcase oil that would normally be fed back into the intake and burned up. Lots of owners swear by a catch can only to keep it from gumming up the intake system. Direct injection engines tend to profit more from this install. Elite Manufacturing is one of the popular catch can manufacturers. I may not have the exact workings right but someone with more smarts than me will likely chirp in and explain it better.

Reactions: Dub and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.