Dec 26, 2009
Ponoka, AB.
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 3LT Z51
Province
AB
So my brothers 2000 C5 is throwing up the message Low Oil Level. It was low a bit so he added to the full mark and reset the message however it pops back up after about 3-4 miles of driving.....reset same thing. Anyone else have this gremlin? Wonder if disconnecting the battery would clear this glitch??

The sensor could be bad....Here is a pic of it.....Simple to change if thats what it is

It is a blue colored sensor on the back passenger side of the bat wing oil pan.
About $17 part. Easy to change when the Vette is in the air or on stands.

The other potential problem is broken or melted wiring to the sensor.

DCP_0113[1].jpg (55.9 KB)

Attachments

• DCP_0113[1].jpg
    DCP_0113[1].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thank you for the responses......ya a couple were especially helpful the others were........well............not so helpful. lol. Thanks for the pic Crusher! I'll pass this info onto my bro. Does the wire unplug off the blue sensor just to clear the anoying message however, this may cause it to just stay on I spose.

Thank you for the responses......ya a couple were especially helpful the others were........well............not so helpful. lol. Thanks for the pic Crusher! I'll pass this info onto my bro. Does the wire unplug off the blue sensor just to clear the anoying message however, this may cause it to just stay on I spose.

Could be loose connection--Try disconnecting the blue harness from the sensor and reseating it again. Or like I mentioned before the wire itself could be chaffed or melted...Take a look and see

It should be just a simple Capacitance probe. Should be easy enough to test. The next oil change, pull the probe and test it with an ohm meter as you submerge it in oil.

It's the least you could do for your BROTHER after selling him a defective car......