Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
When I went to pick up my car there was a warning on the dash about low fuel. Funny, I thought I brought it in with plenty of fuel. For some reason my first thought was someone had taken the car for a joy ride, but their were many PDR's so I thought I'd go get gas first and then scrutinize the PDR's. Start pumping fuel and it only took 4 liters! Hmm, that's odd. OK, the dealer forgot to hook something up. (Yes, fumes were coming out of my ears.) Get back in the car, start it up and it now shows full and has been fine ever since. Makes one wonder what they had to disconnect for the DCT filter replacement.

Shouldn't need to disconnect anything. Just remove some skid plates, unscrew DCT filter and screw the new one back in. Then they usually top it up a bit if you have not added the extra two litres of DCT fluid. Makes me wonder if I should bring my car in to Williamson for convivence sake instead of driving down to WN.

DCT filter does not require any disconnection. DCT filter change (at 12k) requires flush using software. My guess is the air fuel enrichment update is a ECU software update that reset fuel level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.