C5 Ontario You're a Regular You're Celebrated
Sep 6, 2020
Seeley's Bay, ON
VetteCoins
Car
1997 C5 Coupe
Province
ON
Spent most of the morning waxing and buffing "Vayaka". Jeezus, but there's a lot of scratches and rock chips all over her! I guess that's normal for a 23yr old car, though. Yesterday the wipers started cycling on their own after I washed the car, so I went on Google and found that it's a common problem. I cleaned out the drain "udders", but the problem was still there, along with a "LOW WASHER FLUID" warning on the dash. Which was bullshite, because I had topped it up before the wash. So today I pulled the wiper motor fuse, I'll deal with the issue later.

Went for a cruise down the Thousand Islands Parkway near Gananoque ON after the polishing session and got my first wave from another Corvette! Stopped to take this photo and a line from Gino Vanelli's song popped into my head... "Black cars look better in the shade".
FB_IMG_1600302385953.jpg

Black is a gorgeous colour and they look great when clean... But they are a chore to detail... And they don't hide dirt well... Ask my better half... She gets me to wax and detail her black MKX. Way more work than my Vette... And as I get older, I do look for easier... lol....

Spent most of the morning waxing and buffing "Vayaka". Jeezus, but there's a lot of scratches and rock chips all over her! I guess that's normal for a 23yr old car, though. Yesterday the wipers started cycling on their own after I washed the car, so I went on Google and found that it's a common problem. I cleaned out the drain "udders", but the problem was still there, along with a "LOW WASHER FLUID" warning on the dash. Which was bullshite, because I had topped it up before the wash. So today I pulled the wiper motor fuse, I'll deal with the issue later.

Went for a cruise down the Thousand Islands Parkway near Gananoque ON after the polishing session and got my first wave from another Corvette! Stopped to take this photo and a line from Gino Vanelli's song popped into my head... "Black cars look better in the shade".
View attachment 44081
It really is a beauty. Maybe the wipers are just tslking back to you and saying I love you too. 💕😷

Reactions: Gummiente
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.