VetteCoins
Province
ON
Good day, I am looking to purchase a C6, wish list would include

- 6 Speed Manaul
- HUD
- Coupe - Glass roof
- Prefer Silver or Red -- but would consider any color
- LOW KM's -- less then 60k would be preferred.

Live in Toronto, but would travel cross country to get the right car. Very Serious.

Regards
Charles2010

- 6 Speed Manaul
- HUD
- Coupe - Glass roof

Live in Toronto, but would travel cross country to get the right car. Very Serious.

Regards
Charles2010
I am the guy selling the 2006 Lemans blue ZO6 and I am in Ajax. Let me know if you're interested.

I am the guy selling the 2006 Lemans blue ZO6 and I am in Ajax. Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you for reaching out, and I am sure your Corvette is excellent, it is a little to expensive, as I am not looking for Z06. Would certainly be nice.

regards
Charles2010

I want to clear on something here, when I noted it was 'too expensive' I am referring to my budget, I am sure the car is for sure worth what you are asking for it, it certainly is beautiful.

Regards
Charles2010

• Agree
Reactions: frankmp and YFCvii

- 6 Speed Manaul
- HUD
- Coupe - Glass roof

Regards
Charles2010
I bought my C6 06 Lemans Blue last fall in Vermont and imported it into Canada with 40,000 kms. Worth every penny to get exactly what I wanted. Not a big deal to import...I can help. [email protected]

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hello Tim,

That is extremely kind of you. I will certainly look to your excellent assistance should I want to import a C6 from the states. My dream is to find a C6 as described above, I have to admit I am partial to RED. LOL

Regards
Charles

Hello Tim,

That is extremely kind of you. I will certainly look to your excellent assistance should I want to import a C6 from the states. My dream is to find a C6 as described above, I have to admit I am partial to RED. LOL

Regards
Charles
It is worth getting exactly what you want since you will have your vette for a long time and you want to be happy.

Attachments

• 20190429_123215.jpg
    20190429_123215.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 23
Hello Tim,

Regards
Charles

As you can see Charles there are plenty of good guys here eager to help you find “the” car.
The only thing with my C6 Z06 I didn’t like was the roof is fixed. Removable roof on a C6 Z06 is not an option. Really is too bad as the car is amazing to drive.
You clearly say you want a car that can be enjoyed with or without the top.
I expect you will find “the” car in red soon. There are lots around for you to choose from. 👍

The only thing with my C6 Z06 I didn’t like was the roof is fixed. Removable roof on a C6 Z06 is not an option. Really is too bad as the car is amazing to drive.

That really is the only drawback. Not sure how often mine would be off if it came off. Having the choice though is nice. Some of those 4 am west coast departure times I’ve done have been pretty warm and calm at that hour.

That really is the only drawback. Not sure how often mine would be off if it came off. Having the choice though is nice. Some of those 4 am west coast departure times I’ve done have been pretty warm and calm at that hour.

You nailed it Mike. The early morning or evening drives when it’s sunny and calm are fantastic with the top off. During the hot days is nice but you get burnt up pretty quick.

• Agree
Reactions: MikeysZ06
You nailed it Mike. The early morning or evening drives when it’s sunny and calm are fantastic with the top off. During the hot days is nice but you get burnt up pretty quick.
I have 2 roofs on my c6 and I must say on a nice day cant beat the roof off. It fits nicely in the trunk. The tinted roof sweaks a little because of what it is made of..

Good luck

Good luck in your search, and my best advice to you is to TAKE YOUR TIME! A couple of very important questions to ask yourself is what does this car mean to you? and what are your priorities for this car? What does it absolutely have to have, and why? Of course another significant question is what is your budget?

Show up to some Corvette meets and tell people that you are looking to buy one. I have found that owners are quite accommodating and might even take you for a ride to show you.

I found that it was really helpful to make a list of "must have" options. Everyone is different, and some jerks like me might make fun of some of your options, but it is really your choice.

HUD is cool in an annoying and always in your face kind of way. I would have taken it in the right car, but I didn't care if it didn't have it. My gauges are right there! I experienced HUD in Buicks and Bonnevilles, GTPs, and Cadis, and always wanted to turn them off. It's like a constant smudge on my windshield that I can't wipe off.

Heated seats - If you have lower back problems and this might help you to be able to get back out of the car, then perhaps this is a reasonable option. Otherwise, if you need to use the heated seats, it is too cold to be driving this car, and you should take your SUV instead.

Navigation/BOSE/Premium Sound - We are talking about a C6 here, so let's keep it relevant, please. The NAV is junk. It is a subscription-based, disc-driven system that costs a bunch of money to keep running and is absolutely awful. Hold the button on your iPhone (or double-click the button on your Android device), and say "Give me directions to", and you will be as good or better than pretty much any current navigation system, let alone the pathetic offerings that were available in the C6. Bosé Premium Sound? LOL. Did I already say junk? There are some excellent aftermarket offerings to take care of all of you sound and navigation desires, most of which will not integrate properly with HUD, but there are some expensive options that will. Don't pay extra thinking that this stuff will be good. It isn't.

You did make some specifications, and let me quote:

- 6 Speed Manaul
- HUD
- Coupe - Glass roof

Okay, let's get into this. 6-speed manual. Good for you. I like you already. Stay away from the 05 because the rear diff is weak, unless it has been changed and you are getting a preposterously good price. The T56 is a decent transmission, but the TR6060 is significantly better.

HUD. I went over my preferences above. If you really want HUD, then get it.

Glass roof. This is a fun one. I have had many sports cars with sunroofs and t-roofs, and never complained as badly as in a Corvette with a glass roof. Pardon me for being cynical for a moment - you live in Ontario, there's nothing to see anyway! :p - But seriously, you will want something to block the sun from coming through constantly. A lot of owners opted for the two roof deal (one glass, and one solid), which is the ultimate solution, but nevertheless you need to be able to block the sun when you don't want it. Trust me. I have the simplest solution ever: I have a solid targa, and I never take it out (maybe five times in all the years I have owned it), but if I want to see the mountains or something on a nice morning or evening, I can take it out, and there is a spot to put it in the rear hatch. The car has a heater - don't be a sissy.

I won't argue with your color preferences except simply to point out what everyone already knows: Cops LOVE red cars even more than they love donuts. C6's actually had a reasonably good spectrum of colors, and there were changes every year. There are lots of examples right on this forum, look around and you might find you like something. Silver is a fine choice, too.

I'm writing this not knowing what your budget is, so it is a bit tougher to make a good recommendation to you, but let me tell you what I would do. And although I do hate it when people tell me what to do, haha, there is nothing wrong with taking your time to make this decision. Taking time to increase the budget is also a very wise decision. Don't let the excitement take you away.

I would look for an 08 or newer car. The LS3 is perhaps the best engine that GM has ever made. By 'best' I mean in terms of reliability and longevity, and availability of parts for repairs and upgrades. All 08 and up cars will also have the TR6060 transmission, which is fantastic and very strong.

From 10 to 13, you also have the choice of a Grand Sport, which is to me, the penultimate and best choice. But I do also understand that budget is a real thing.

Last edited:
Hello Jeremaid, wow this is some write-up. This is experience talking and I thank you as I thank everyone here who passes on wise / sage advice. While I certainly agree RED does attract the attention, I have to tell you, I have had 2 RED Vettes and 1 Silver one, over my 'dream experience', and well let's just put it this way, most people would laugh at the way I drive my Vettes, they are not exactly over stressed -- hint hint -- not exactly the racer guy here. (did someone mubble P_ssy under their breath -- LOL -- extra politically correct here, I am only joking I mean no offence here to anyone)

To make that point clearer -- a short story -- when I finally achieved my literal life long dream (see my introduction post) of buying my first REAL Corvette; and not just a model or diecast car; it was a RED 1988 Coupe and I just over 28 years old. Late in the summer purchase, and winter on the horizon -- all too real. I drove the Vette the only car I owned onto a used car dealership and asked -- what's the cheapest car on the lot, I was shown this "interesting" 1981 or 80 VW Jetta -- let's imagine if we will - this is not exactly an R&R ok. Cost -- $800.00 dollars. I buy it, certified. Alright, now I have my summer car and the winter car -- if you want to call it a car, anyways, well everyone telling me, RED Corvette you will get tickets, well yep I did , in the Jetta, yep in car that could barely make the legal speed limit.

While I completely agree RED attracts attention -- sometimes unwanted attention, and I am FAR from the perfect driver, I would say this is not one of my major concerns, being the past owner of 2 RED Vettes and 1 silver one all with tons of HP -- and I get a ticket in a car that you would have to DROP out of an airplane to get it to speed.

A side from that, your advice is well accepted, and greatly appreciated. I of course like others have a budget (what my wife will let me spend .. LOL) and still keep my son in school here in Ontario.

May I be lucky soon to live the dream.

Regards
Charles

Just find one of the various shades of blue and all will be good in your garage. Blue owners have a little bit bigger smile.
YYSSW ...
I cannot argue even though my Corvette is RED (Long Beach Red)
as my other has an "interesting shade" of (Sterling) Blue ...
so perhaps have the bases covered ...

• Haha
Reactions: MikeysZ06
YYSSW ...
I cannot argue even though my Corvette is RED (Long Beach Red)
as my other has an "interesting shade" of (Sterling) Blue ...
so perhaps have the bases covered ...
I had torch red (99l and my now lemans blue (06). The torch red was an eye grabber.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.