Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Thread Highlight (Sponsors)
Car
2020 Corvette Mid
Province
ON
I will be the first to admit when I do not know the answer to a question and am hoping that someone on here might be able to help a brother out.

My client has a 10-year-old Liftmaster Garage door opener and a 5-year-old Liftmaster jackshaft 8500 Garage door opener and wanted to know if his C8 Universal Home remote will connect with either system?

If anyone has had any real-life experience with either system and their new C8 Corvette I would love to hear back from you. (My head says it won't, but my heart says it will!)

Thanking anyone and everyone in advance who might be able to help me properly answer this question.

I will be the first to admit when I do not know the answer to a question and am hoping that someone on here might be able to help a brother out.

My client has a 10-year-old Liftmaster Garage door opener and a 5-year-old Liftmaster jackshaft 8500 Garage door opener and wanted to know if his C8 Universal Home remote will connect with either system?

If anyone has had any real-life experience with either system and their new C8 Corvette I would love to hear back from you. (My head says it won't, but my heart says it will!)

Thanking anyone and everyone in advance who might be able to help me properly answer this question.

I've got a 2+ year old Liftmaster 8500 (the same as your client; only newer) and it works just fine with the C8, so I expect it should be no problem for him/her.

On a different note, I've got 2 garage doors (both set up with Liftmaster 8500's) and could never get them to work properly, until I eventually read on the Web that if their wall controls are placed side-by-each, they might "cancel each other out" signal-wise. So my installer came back for the 8th (?) time and connected them differently and since then they've worked fine. I mention this since some Corvette owners have 4-post lifts and might use a pair of Liftmaster 8500's as well, with their side-mounted jackshafts for the higher garage ceiling.

Reactions: moepig777

I have a 14 year old liftmaster and it works with my 2018 Mercedes c43 or my 2019 Shelby Mustang. I think it will work with the C8

My 15 year old liftmaster professional works just fine with the homelink buttons in my C8.

Attachments

• 515A765A-8A35-4BB7-84FE-C7C348A59DB4.jpeg
    515A765A-8A35-4BB7-84FE-C7C348A59DB4.jpeg
    893 KB · Views: 20
  • C74031B5-514B-49FE-B3F4-DFD6E4DB9CC5.jpeg
    C74031B5-514B-49FE-B3F4-DFD6E4DB9CC5.jpeg
    718.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.