Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2019
Lindsay Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 Rapid Blue
Province
ON
Finally got to Listowel to see the newest member of my family. Dealer can likely keep it in their warehouse for a few months but I would rather have it home in my garage. Looking for recommendations for enclosed trailer from Listowel to Lindsay. Mackie Auto Transport in Oshawa quoted me $1000 in their double decker enclosed transport.

I have no plans to drive it home on summer tires...

IMG_1257.jpg

Congratulations. They are a great group of people. My C8 is coming soon and I would need covered transport from Listowell to Richmond Hill. Good luck finding a reasonable price for reliable transport. Beautiful color

Hansen's in Scarborough.......

if it was 10c I would...completely bonkers to drive it otherwise
C'mon Man! I've driven in the winter with performance tires. They are fine on dry roads. It won't take long to get them to a moderate temperature.

Reactions: Vanguard2001
Did you upgrade the Pilot Sport tires to Summer only? A C7 buyer in the past did not have the option for A/S tires from the factory...
The newly produced AS4 is what I will seriously be looking at for my replacement tire so that I can extend my driving season.

Otherwise drive it 200kmn on a choice day and keep the $1000. Standard C8 tire spec is All Season - so pick a no-snow warmish day at best.
  • Michelin® Pilot® Sport All Season 4 245/35ZR19 front and 305/30ZR20 rear, performance, run-flat tire

Last edited:
Did you upgrade the Pilot Sport tires to Summer only? A C7 buyer in the past did not have the option for A/S tires from the factory...
The newly produced AS4 is what I will seriously be looking at for my replacement tire so that I can extend my driving season.

Otherwise drive it 200kmn on a choice day and keep the $1000. Standard C8 tire spec is All Season - so pick a no-snow warmish day at best.
  • Michelin® Pilot® Sport All Season 4 245/35ZR19 front and 305/30ZR20 rear, performance, run-flat tire
Z51= summer only tires

Z51= summer only tires
Geeez! You want to spend that kind of money, go ahead! You want to ignore my (and others) experience ? Go ahead. They are "rated" as summer tires. Given caution, the C8's nannies and weather mode and given fair conditions it's a no brainer. Your money. Waste it if you want.

Have to agree with Murray here. If the roads are dry and it's not extreme - degree cold, the summer tires won't be a problem. I have driven my C7 on cold pavement with the PSS tires before, driving like a sane person and no issues, and the C7 will bust the rear tires loose a lot easier than the C8. JMO

Geeez! You want to spend that kind of money, go ahead! You want to ignore my (and others) experience ? Go ahead. They are "rated" as summer tires. Given caution, the C8's nannies and weather mode and given fair conditions it's a no brainer. Your money. Waste it if you want.
Everyone has varying degrees of comfort for many things in life, and personal preferences about how they use and maintain their personal possessions. I posted this thread for a simple reference, not judgement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread