Apr 2, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
C6 and C8
Province
BC
I’m looking for dealer recommendations on Vancouver island to place my C8 order.
Who might have allocation/good to deal with.
I can’t really seem to get a straight answer…

GM Canada isn't giving the dealers much info.

Canadian allocations are down due to the heavy USA demand.

Both Jenner and Wheaton Victoria have a 1 1/2 to 2 year waiting list.

When the ZO6 comes on line it will reduce Stingray builds around 30%.

Looks like it could be a long wait.

Where are you on the island?

I’m in the Cowichan Valley.
So any dealer would work for me, just want to make sure I go with the right one as the wait will be long so might as well get good customer service with it…

Sorry but I can't give you advice about any dealers on Vancouver Island. My best advice:

1. ID all the dealers in that area, if you're focused on "buying locally";
2. Contact each one; find out how many allocations they've been getting for the 2021 and 2022 years. That should give you some idea what they might expect in future years however their Stingray numbers will diminish for the Z06 version (as mentioned by dyoung) and likely even more for the other versions when they come out (the E-Ray, ZR1 and Zora...not so much the Zora which should be ++ rare);
3. Find out where you'd be on their C8 Stingray list;
4. The dealer who gets the most allocations and has you the lowest on its list, would be the one to go with. That assumes they religiously honour their list...and don't (for example) take allocations for the dealership or friends/family of the dealership owners (I'd ask what they've done historically);
5. Don't be shy: get on at least one other list to improve your chances;
6. Another factor: see if the dealer will confirm they'll sell you a C8 at no more than MSRP and get that in writing (assuming you're not willing to pay over MSRP). Beware paying over MSRP and still waiting ++ time; other dealers might sell you a C8 at more than MSRP with a reduced wait time. Some of the dealerships in my area that are Wheaton family owned, are asking for more than MSRP. The one in Red Deer wasn't ordering any for customers; they took all allocations for the dealership and then sold each at well over MSRP;
7. I wouldn't focus on who has a good service department. Your warranty will be honoured at any Chev dealership. Focus on getting your C8 first since it's hard to get; worry about where to service it AFTER you'r driving it. Factors to consider for servicing: does the dealer have an experienced Corvette (C8) tech? Dealers who get more C8 allocations usually do;
8. If the C8 Stingray list is too long, consider getting your name on the list for the E-Ray, if that's a vehicle you'd be interested in. Or get on the E-Ray list and remove your name, if you decide later when more details come out, that it's not for you or you get a Stingray sooner;
9. Finally, if the dealers on Vancouver Island don't get many allocations due to the population base they serve, I'd seriously consider getting on a list elsewhere with a dealer that gets more allocations (again; consider getting on multiple lists), assuming you'd be low enough on a list to get an allocation faster. I've purchased and shipped cars across Canada several times and don't mind shipping if it gets the car I want, faster. There are many reliable vehicle shippers and I've never had a problem. And I've known some on these Forums to buy in Edmonton and drive their C8 home to BC. Up to you of course since this adds to your cost but you're looking to get a car that's in demand and if you're like most of us, you'll LOVE driving a C8 and regret the wait if you could have had one sooner.

The more "homework you do", the more your effort will pay off and get you behind a C8 sooner. Good luck!

Thanks for your in depth reply, appreciate it.

All I’ve spoken to said it would be msrp, it just sounded like it would be 2 years before my order would even get picked up.
So 3-4 years in total, which seems ridiculous.
I’m fine with ordering from any dealer really, do you think contacting one in Alberta would be worth it or do you have a dealer you recommend?

There are 2 Edmonton dealers who get more Corvette allocations (around 25?) and sell at MSRP AND don’t require a refundable deposit up front. When you submit your order then you pay a non-refundable deposit. They are Northgate and Westgate and both have good reputations. The dealer I bought my C8 from that gets more allocations (around 40) is Capital Chev in Calgary (ask for Craig - he’s great to deal with - and say Vaughn referred you). They also sell at MSRP but might require a deposit. I’d suggest calling all 3 but consider trying others. The larger Ontario dealers get even more allocations but have longer lists, however you can’t go wrong with the 2 Ontario dealers that are sponsors on these Forums: Wilson-Niblett and Bill Spenser and I’d recommend calling them too. Good luck and let us know how you make out with your C8 quest!

And I’d expect you to be driving your C8 in 12 to 18 months however the production landscape will change with Z06’s decreasing the Stingray numbers, so perhaps (???) add on another 6 months? No one knows and there are many other factors affecting production that we’ve seen in the past: COVID-caused part shortages, a labour strike (2019 and another threatened more recently) and throw in for good measure Mother Nature’s 2021 tornado as a big monkey-wrench! At least a ship full of Corvettes didn’t sink, like the one with Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen’s on it. So GM like all other manufacturers, shares in these delay problems.

With some selling their Stingrays to buy the Z06 (like me; already sold) you might consider the used market rather than wait for a new one. Something to consider.

I want to thank you for your reply and level of information, I will definitely be utilizing it.
I truly expected waiting 12-18 months which is fine. 3-4 years is just to much pie in the sky though for me.
Hopeful one of those dealers can come through….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.