Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
Hey Folks,

Hope all is well.

Someone threw me the proverbial curve ball and now I am flipping like a pancake.

I was wondering as most of you are Corvette owner and have gone to some or many GTs and shows.

If you could give me your thoughts on the Sebring Orange and the Blade Silver for exterior colours Pros & Cons please.

Cheers,

Kevin

The c8 on display in Depew last month was orange.
Trying to convince myself to like it, I went to see it.
Did I like the colour? No. But that's just personal.
White is my 2nd favorite, black being my fav, but after decades of trying to keep black vehicles clean and shiny, I caved.....all my rides will be white, forever.

The c8 on display in Depew last month was orange.
Trying to convince myself to like it, I went to see it.
Did I like the colour? No. But that's just personal.
White is my 2nd favorite, black being my fav, but after decades of trying to keep black vehicles clean and shiny, I caved.....all my rides will be white, forever.
What were folks saying about it around you....did the colour change as much as it does in the videos with the lighting?

Cheers,

Kevin

Ummmm ... I loved the look of the unveiling of the ZR1 Sebring Orange in Dubai on TV & other media.
Not soon after, I was off to Las Vegas, where I saw my first Sebring Orange on a 2019 Stingray up close.
It appears you have not enjoyed this colour with your own eyes and I would suggest to ... Please do this if possible.
It doesn't matter what I think, or my wife thinks, or any one who absolutely loves Sebring Orange thinks.
What mattes is that YOU like it once YOU see it (outside and in the shade).
I've been with three Sebring Orange Owners who are very happy and all three did not go sight unseen.
Should Blade Silver be an acceptable alternative, you cannot go wrong with it.

One of "my" Corvettes (aka "not his") is Sterling Blue Metallic from 2017.
We did not buy this one sight unseen, and resulting was instantly acquiring the desire to own it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OttawaKev
Ummmm ... I loved the look of the unveiling of the ZR1 Sebring Orange in Dubai on TV & other media.
Not soon after, I was off to Las Vegas, where I saw my first Sebring Orange on a 2019 Stingray up close.
It appears you have not enjoyed this colour with your own eyes and I would suggest to ... Please do this if possible.
It doesn't matter what I think, or my wife thinks, or any one who absolutely loves Sebring Orange thinks.
What mattes is that YOU like it once YOU see it (outside and in the shade).
I've been with three Sebring Orange Owners who are very happy and all three did not go sight unseen.
Should Blade Silver be an acceptable alternative, you cannot go wrong with it.

One of "my" Corvettes (aka "not his") is Sterling Blue Metallic from 2017.
We did not buy this one sight unseen, and resulting was instantly acquiring the desire to own it.
WICKED INFO! and thank you.

I have not had a chance to see it in person...all the car shows around here are just starting up now starting I think coming weekend in Montreal. Ottawa is not until mid March.

I have loved the Sebring and Carbon Flash look as they both accentuate the cars lines together. Although in some of the videos the orange washes out it seems in the lighting kind of looking like it goes to a Yellowish Orange.

My worry is that from what I am reading is that the convertibles will be picked up by GM this month and I am 1100 Status right now, and when they lifted the constraints on the coupes lots of folks went from 1100 to 3000 right away do you know if after it goes to 3000 Event code we can still make changes on our build?

I like the Sebring as I have always liked McLaren very much :) as well the Silver goes well with my NFL team the Raiders so I could do some fun things with that as well :) Silver and Black Raiders Nation :cool:

Cheers,

Kevin

Reactions: YFCvii
WICKED INFO! and thank you.

I have not had a chance to see it in person...all the car shows around here are just starting up now starting I think coming weekend in Montreal. Ottawa is not until mid March.

I have loved the Sebring and Carbon Flash look as they both accentuate the cars lines together. Although in some of the videos the orange washes out it seems in the lighting kind of looking like it goes to a Yellowish Orange.

My worry is that from what I am reading is that the convertibles will be picked up by GM this month and I am 1100 Status right now, and when they lifted the constraints on the coupes lots of folks went from 1100 to 3000 right away do you know if after it goes to 3000 Event code we can still make changes on our build?

I like the Sebring as I have always liked McLaren very much :) as well the Silver goes well with my NFL team the Raiders so I could do some fun things with that as well :) Silver and Black Raiders Nation :cool:

Cheers,

Kevin
No changes allowed once your order reaches 3000

What were folks saying about it around you....did the colour change as much as it does in the videos with the lighting?

Cheers,

Kevin
Don't recall chatter re the orange, or the white int. Most were sitting in it, comparing it to their current ride.
I did notice a difference in the orange on the arse end. It looked more 'blah' than the rest of the car. Probably the lighting.
The white seats are not pleasant looking. It's hard to distinguish dirt, from the venting which makes the white look dirty.
All imho of course.

Don't recall chatter re the orange, or the white int. Most were sitting in it, comparing it to their current ride.
I did notice a difference in the orange on the arse end. It looked more 'blah' than the rest of the car. Probably the lighting.
The white seats are not pleasant looking. It's hard to distinguish dirt, from the venting which makes the white look dirty.
All imho of course.
Would not be going with that interior....all info is good info!

Cheers
Kevin

BSM all the way :thumbs:
bsm.png
hood.png
Capture.PNG

Hey Folks,

Hope all is well.

Someone threw me the proverbial curve ball and now I am flipping like a pancake.

I was wondering as most of you are Corvette owner and have gone to some or many GTs and shows.

If you could give me your thoughts on the Sebring Orange and the Blade Silver for exterior colours Pros & Cons please.

Cheers,

Kevin
Kevin I'm not to much of a ccf guy but I have see you have gone on multiple threads asking people's opinion on colour just going out on a ledge here but why not order the colour you want not what other people suggest after all its gonna be your car who cares what other people think and if you dont like it flip it and buy another one in another colour it's just a car not really that big a deal

Kevin I'm not to much of a ccf guy but I have see you have gone on multiple threads asking people's opinion on colour just going out on a ledge here but why not order the colour you want not what other people suggest after all its gonna be your car who cares what other people think and if you dont like it flip it and buy another one in another colour it's just a car not really that big a deal

Sometimes we can't decide for our self so we ask others to make it easier to choose. Basically asking for the scale to tip one side so the decision can me made for us.

• Winner

Hey K-Dog,

What your not out chasing Meghan and Harry hahahahah :) They sure are the big news out there.

I started the threads, as I have never seen a Sebring Orange live and it was one of my first colour choices, but I have never seen it.

GM has not done a great job for inform its possible new customers here north of the border of real tactile/visual displays of this very cool C8. From what the group has said they never really have, but such is life.

As many have said colour is an individual thing and I am just doing my due diligence before I drop 120K + on a car, to become informed on all aspects of it, and the group has been great in offering opinions and thoughts which I appreciate very much. The online things we see are subjective to lighting and monitors and cameras and angles, nothing beats your own eye to view a colour.

The only thing I could find where I could see the colour with my own eye was a 2019 C7 brochure (with some photo-shopping hahahah) so if my allotment were to come up ( not yet, but hopefully next one as I was #1 on at my dealership but I'm ordering a convertible) I have to make a choice to submit, as once it hits a 3000 Event you can't make any changes. GM did not even put out a brochure for the 2020 yet, so us 1st time buyers are kind of buying blind for our what I guess is our " Affordable Dream Car" :).

This is my first and last new car I will ever buy, and I do not want to show up at the dealership and go to myself "Really you gotta drive that?" to myself. As then I kind of feel as if I did not do the best job and designing the car for me. As yourself and many have said colour is a personal thing and the people who have seen SO are the best and coolest people to ask about their thoughts on the colour both pro as well as con, and I fully take in and appreciate both.

I went and saw the SO and AW car in Montreal 1st day of the show, as I had to see it as I said before I am spending a lot of $ hahahah :cool: This would be the 2nd biggest investment I have ever made in my life aside from buying houses.

As per your point of "if you don't like it flip it", ya some folks do that on a regular basis and that's cool. I have friends who get a sweet ride then 2 years later they flip it to upgrade to the next level or the same brand or they go 180 and buy something else. They say that cost me x-$ to drive for 2 years, hell some have even made $. Yet this is something I don't want to have to do.

I want to love it and keep it and drive it with pride as soon as I pick it up, as well for some of us it is a big deal as this is a special car for us as it is our/my first Corvette or sports car that we want to enjoy for a long time.

Cheers,

Kevin

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Tango
Sometimes we can't decide for our self so we ask others to make it easier to choose. Basically asking for the scale to tip one side so the decision can me made for us.
Yes just becoming as best informed from current owners, as the choice is final once it gets picked up by GM and then you have till 3000 Event Code to change it and for the coupes that was very fast when they picked up those first to big blocks for production weeks.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hey K-Dog,

What your not out chasing Meghan and Harry hahahahah :)

I started the threads, as I have never seen a Sebring Orange live and it was one of my first colour choices, but I have never seen it.

GM has not done a great job for inform its possible new customers here north of the border of real tactile/visual displays of this very cool C8. From what the group has said they never really have, but such is life.

As many have said colour is an individual thing and I am just doing my due diligence before I drop 120K + on a car, to become informed on all aspects of it, and the group has been great in offering opinions and thoughts which I appreciate very much. The online things we see are subjective to lighting and monitors and cameras and angles, nothing beats your own eye to view a colour.

The only thing I could find where I could see the colour with my own eye was a 2019 C7 brochure (with some photo-shopping hahahah) so if my allotment were to come up ( not yet, but hopefully next one as I was #1 on at my dealership but I'm ordering a convertible) I have to make a choice to submit, as once it hits a 3000 Event you can't make any changes. GM did not even put out a brochure for the 2020 yet, so us 1st time buyers are kind of buying blind for our what I guess is our " Affordable Dream Car" :).

This is my first and last new car I will ever buy, and I do not want to show up at the dealership and go to myself "Really you gotta drive that?" to myself. As then I kind of feel as if I did not do the best job and designing the car for me. As yourself and many have said colour is a personal thing and the people who have seen SO are the best and coolest people to ask about their thoughts on the colour both pro as well as con, and I fully take in and appreciate both.

I went and saw the SO and AW car in Montreal 1st day of the show, as I had to see it as I said before I am spending a lot of $ hahahah :cool: This would be the 2nd biggest investment I have ever made in my life aside from buying houses.

As per your point of "if you don't like it flip it", ya some folks do that on a regular basis and that's cool. I have friends who get a sweet ride then 2 years later they flip it to upgrade to the next level or the same brand or they go 180 and buy something else. They say that cost me x-$ to drive for 2 years, hell some have even made $. Yet this is something I don't want to have to do.

I want to love it and keep it and drive it with pride as soon as I pick it up, as well for some of us it is a big deal as this is a special car for us as it is our/my first Corvette or sports car that we want to enjoy for a long time.

Cheers,

Kevin
Wow I didnt know the c8s were gonna be 120k that's alot of money to put out good luck with your purchase

Wow I didnt know the c8s were gonna be 120k that's alot of money to put out good luck with your purchase
Ya the 3LT Convertible starts at 94KCDN and that is before any of the options. The real killer that pops it up is the Z51 that is 5900 and if you don't get that you can't get some of the other options....ya it's pretty hefty. Get this they even have an option where you can choose your VIN and thats about 6K.... FOR THE VIN!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread