Status
Not open for further replies.

PTTaylor

Casual User
Jul 1, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
2007 C6 Convertible
As the title says...I am looking for a good replacement battery that FITS a 2007 C6 Base Corvette. Not interested in a battery that can be made to fit like the Optima which says is NOT for the 2007 Corvette, but one that is a direct replacement.

Is your battery in the engine compartment or in the back hatch area like the C6 Z06/ZR1? If it's in the engine compartment any good known brand of battery sized like the OE battery will work that has the correct terminals. If it's in the back you probably need the proper factory GM/AC delco replacement battery as it has a vent tube to vent out battery gasses, probably only available at the dealer.

Tony

Thanks for the info Tony...reason I said Base C6 was to let readers know it was not a Z06 or ZR1 so battery is in the front. When I go on a lot of sites looking for a good battery most seem to say WILL NOT FIT my 2007. Recommended battery is the Duralast Gold Blah...Blah...Blah...which is not sold in Canada. Hoping to info from readers who have replaced their battery and can give the name of the battery they used.

I don't think the stock C6 battery (that fits in the engine compartment) is much different that any other battery in the same class, size, and CCA.

Is the battery now dead??? Take it out and head to your local GM dealer, Canadian Tire, Partsource, or even Costco and match it up.

I had a 09 C6 Z06 (bought new) and I sold it in 2019 with the OE battery..................yes it went 10 years and last I heard still going strong with the new owner, a battery tender does wonders.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Exactly why I am posting this...I am not finding it easy to locate a suitable battery. Example...on the Costco website when I enter the year/make/model it says..that there are 0 batteries that fit my car. ???

Same situation at Canadian Tire...Not interested in any of the Canadian Tire brand...and other then there brand they say sell no other brand that fits my car ?

Canadian Tire sells East Penn Manufacturing batteries, they are known for their high quality, made in the US. EPM took the business away from Exide and have been supplying to CTC stores across Canada for at least the last five years (maybe longer). If they were a poor quality battery I would not respond as I want you to be comfortable with your purchase.

It is what I have in my C5Z, just purchased a new one from CTC, the old one was 8 years that was bought directly from EPM. Whoever you buy from get them to check the voltage prior to leaving the store. Some stores do not do a great job maintaining their inventory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keith Tedford
I looked up Odyssey's website and shows this battery for your car. The BCI # of this battery is group 90 so if you find a group 90 battery it should work on your car (just make sure the battery terminals are in the right place so why I suggested you pull your battery if it's dead and bring it in somewhere to compare to the new one).

I had bought a lightweight battery for my old 2013 Shelby GT500 and I purchased it from a battery place that was in the area of Dixie/Derry rd. but I can't remember the name of the place. They sell Odyssey batteries. I'll look for an invoice if I find it I can post up the name of the place.

edit: Magnacharge Mississauga
1296 Mid-Way Blvd.
Mississauga, Ontario
905-565-6616

They sell Odyssey batteries

Attachments

• Battery Search _ ODYSSEY® Battery and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge 2022-06-21 5_4...png
    Battery Search _ ODYSSEY® Battery and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge 2022-06-21 5_4...png
    41 KB · Views: 17
  • Battery Search _ ODYSSEY® Battery and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge 2022-06-21 5_4...png
    Battery Search _ ODYSSEY® Battery and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge 2022-06-21 5_4...png
    48.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Exactly why I am posting this...I am not finding it easy to locate a suitable battery. Example...on the Costco website when I enter the year/make/model it says..that there are 0 batteries that fit my car. ???
On the Costco website when I enter the year/make/model for my car, 2013 Base, I get the same result. However, (two years ago) at my local Costco there was a book that I took a photo of. I used the H5 battery for my car and it fit perfectly. $114.99+$10.00 core deposit .
Looks like the T5 would be the one you’re looking for, if it’s still available.
Hopefully this helps.
D71BF0CC-A75D-4AA8-9AC8-857AB0D15CB2.jpeg

Any group size 35 will work in your car. I have one and it's perfect. Just make sure the terminals are are such that the negative is on the left when the battery is situated with the terminals on the front of the car. I have a 2009 base and know that is the correct size. I used to work in the tire/battery etc business. I would suggest an agm battery. There are only a handful of manufacturers so it doesn't matter where you get it, the store or the "brand". I have found Canadian Tire and Costco AGM in size 35 to both be very good.

A Group 35 battery from Costco is the battery I put in my 09 C6. Fit perfect and worked fine.

GM dealers can order the battery on the same day or arrives the next, my C6/2008 sits just below the compartment filter. I picked it up and paid $307 tax in and not required to bring the old one back. I did have 2 hours of aggregation, as Markville, Chev gave me a dead battery and it took that time to figure it out. Finally put the jumpers on and. the vette started. They were not much help, saying what do you expect, not many people buy this battery, but if you bring it back, we will put it on our chargers. Hmmm, not going back! I already spent far too much time with them and their dead battery. It is holding a charge now, once given a good run.

That is a real issue with suppliers, their lack of management of inventory. Same thing happened with my C5 battery from Canadian Tire, it was dead. Surprised they did not want the old one back, recycling flooded lead acid batteries is BIG business.

Status
Not open for further replies.