Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found a Vararam Snake Charmer used on Kijiji. It was like brand new and half the price. Keep your eyes open and save $$ by buying used! :)
I bought my Vararam a few years ago from a guy who was going supercharged and couldn't use it. $125 was a whole lot better than the $625+ they are asking these days. They will give you a little more hp from the ram air effect but don't expect miracles. If I had to pay more than I did, the car would still be using the factory stuff.

I respectfully and not quite seriously disagree. Vararams own website shows 3.5 to 4 tenths gain in the 1/4 and 40 hp gains (I see they have removed the reference to 36 rwhp gains). Most of us know what kind of money we would have to lay out to realistically get these gains at a speed shop? Lets start with a long tube header exhaust system, a CAI, and a tune... that would get you close to 40 hp... for likely close to a $5 k hit to your bank account.... Makes the $ 625.00 look PDG ... if we can trust advertising..... JMHO...

• Agree
Reactions: Hotrodron
My 03 Z06 dyno'd 376 rwhp with long tube headers, the SLP intake and a tune. It is rated at 405hp at the crank so if we presume a 15% loss through the drivetrain that should roughly equate to 344 rwhp or at the most a 32hp gain (less if the drivetrain efficiency is better than 15% loss). Hard to believe that could be achieved by an intake alone.

Damn hard to believe.... and if so, there are a lot of people wasting a lot of money. Back in my youth we'd have given a left body part for cheap HP and 4 tenths.....

My 04 Z06 dyno'd at 359 rwhp, with just a Vararam cold air intake & a tune & no other mods. I really think it was worth the price for the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: hemicat
My 04 Z06 dyno'd at 359 rwhp, with just a Vararam cold air intake & a tune & no other mods. I really think it was worth the price for the system.

You're pretty close to sea level Ron. Typically the bone stock 04 LS6 with 405 whp would dyno about 342 to 352 at the wheels. A professional tune alone should have bumped you at least to the 359 if not a bit more. Keep in mind though that the vararam really only shows it's best performance in a moving vehicle from 10 mph and up. You will definitely feel the better throttle response and I'm betting your rwhp is better than 359 at speed on the road. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.