I'm New Here
Ontario
Oct 27, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007 C6
Province
ON
I’m looking to find an acrylic clear roof panel for my 07 C6. Any idea how to best find a new or used one?

If you want to go cost effective, find one that is crazed, scratched lightly or has spider webbing, and refurbish it yourself. My C6 came with a clear top, and after 13 years and over 160000km's, it was starting to show signs of spiderwebbing when looking up though the top from the interior. Sure, it still looked good from the outside, but eventually, it would start to craze due to age, overspray of windex of other window cleaner with ammonia which attacks the lexan, or rock chips etc.
I was curious if an acrylic top could be refurbished, so I purchased a used one with crazing and spiderwebbing that looked really bad, came with no latches etc, and got it for really cheap. This is the thread showing the refurb process and the outcome. It has been 2 years since I redid the top, and it has been on my car since. It still looks like the day I picked it up from the paint shop. My project this winter is to redo my original top, and make that one look as in new condition.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.