I think that's on the light side. As said, the brakes alone add $10k. The engine, maybe $20k. Beefed up transaxle. $5k. The carbon bits (wheels and aero) another $10k. Plus lots of other upgrades, (exhaust, suspension, tires)
Z06 base price does not include carbon ceramic brakes or carbon wheels as that is all optional.

Nope. It's a package. It includes carbon ceramic brakes and gobs of carbon fibre.
I had the Z07 pkg on my '17 Z06.
My understanding is that the carbon wheels are extra to the Z07 package. I may be wrong but in the video it states several times the wheels are a further option.

I think msrp will be $30,000 over base stingray
It would be in line with what the C7 Z06 pricing was for a base care. $89,999 US and maybe keeping the base Z06 at $99,999 Can. That would open the market to a lot of folks. But given the likely demand, I think GM could easily ask $120,000 Can for the base car.

Z06 base price does not include carbon ceramic brakes or carbon wheels as that is all optional.

That's correct. The carbon ceramic brakes and Cup2R tires are standard only on the Z07 package. Then even for that Z07 package, getting the carbon-fiber rims is an option. One guesstimate as to likely pricing for those carbon-fiber rims, is in the US$8-10K range, but that's merely speculation at this point. Tadge Jeuchter when interviewed by Austin Everett (Speed Phenom) acknowledged those rims would be "expensive" due to the ++ amount of carbon-fiber. He also said it's a much stronger rim and is quoted as saying it can withstand as much as a 30G impact. Plus he told Austin that on a 2-minute lap the rims decrease lap time by up to 1-1.5 seconds, which is quite a bit when you're into competitive racing.

One of my concerns with these somewhat unique and ++ expensive rims, is that they may scream "steal me!" to the tire/rim thieves of the world...although perhaps that's mitigated by how few vehicles they'll fit. Tadge said the 13" wide rim for the Z06 rear wheels, is the "widest carbon rim on the market". Kudos to GM's engineers for creating such an incredible rim.

Reactions: 12cents
Main advantage of CF rims are less weight. Since C8 stingray weighs 3400lbs dry and no official weight number has been given for the Z06 it is rumoured to be 300lbs heavier clocking in at 3700lbs spending a extra 10 grand on rims sounds to me not worth it. But if you invested in Tesla who cares chump change.
The motor sounds sweet and I am sure getting pushed back into the seat going from 5500 rpm to 8500rpm will be an experience one would not forget. Spending 10k on rims not so much in my opinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread